ACRL Standards Committee Association of College and Research Libraries

Draft 2018 ALA Midwinter Meeting Agenda for SC

  • 1.  Draft 2018 ALA Midwinter Meeting Agenda for SC

    Posted Jan 02, 2018 04:34 PM
      |   view attached

    Dear SC Members,


    Happy New Year to you all!  I drafted our meeting agenda for 2018 ALA Midwinter Meetings in Denver, CO today.  Please take a look and let me know what changes need to be made as soon as you can.  The following is the initial meeting agenda:



    1. Introduction

    2. Meeting recorder volunteer?

    3. Review SC Charge (Chapter 14.2.1), Tasks of the Standards Committee (Chapter 14.2.3) and Procedures of Standards Committee (Chapter 14.4), available from  http://www.ala.org/acrl/resources/policies/chapter14

    4. Progress report on annual Work Plan for SC

    5. Discussions:

      1. Status updates on Tracking Sheet Assignments – all members

      2. Identifying which standards and guidelines are overdue, which ones are due now, and which ones are due in the coming year

      3. Strategies to contact committees or task forces and seek guidance from the ACRL Board

      4. Virtual check-in, e.g. frequency


    6. Others?


     Attached is the full page of the meeting agenda. 


    Thanks a lot!


    Amanda


     


     


     


     


     


     

    Attachment(s)

    docx
    MW2018-SC-Agenda.docx   13K 1 version


  • 2.  RE: Draft 2018 ALA Midwinter Meeting Agenda for SC

    Posted Jan 03, 2018 05:20 AM

    Good morning Amanda, everyone,

    a couple of suggestions at first glance:

    1. I would assign time-slots for each agenda item. As a present and past Chair of various committees, I find when I assign limits to each item when drafting an agenda the meeting flows quicker and does not get bogged down. I do allow for time overages if an item requires; but, for the most part, if there needs to be further discussion on an item I leave it for "Old Business".
    2. I assign myself as Chair or a committee member involved in an item to lead the item's discussion.

    Scott



  • 3.  RE: Draft 2018 ALA Midwinter Meeting Agenda for SC

    Posted Jan 03, 2018 06:15 AM

    Amanda, 

    I will not be attending Midwinter. There will be a virtual option for the meeting I assume.

    Scott



  • 4.  RE: Draft 2018 ALA Midwinter Meeting Agenda for SC

    Posted Jan 03, 2018 02:11 PM

    Hi Scott,

    Thank you so much for your comments on the meeting agenda!!  I will incorporate it in our final agenda.  As for virtual option, I couldn't find any available slot via ACRL Virtual Meetings & Forums link.  I just sent an email request to Elois Sharpe, ACRL Program Coordinator.  I hope that she has the magic touch to book us one. 

    If not, my backup plan is to use Google Hangouts, available https://hangouts.google.com/ 

    Do you have gmail account?  If so, can you give it to me in advance?  At Midwinter, I will start a Hangouts Video Call, and send you a link to join the meeting virtually.  How does it sound?

    Thanks a lot and Have a Happy New Year!

     

    Amanda

     

     

     

     

     

      

     



  • 5.  RE: Draft 2018 ALA Midwinter Meeting Agenda for SC

    Posted Jan 04, 2018 08:30 AM

    Amanda, 

    my pleasure - the suggestions are dependent upon the meeting's load; sometimes it works for me, sometimes not so much. 

    Ok, great on the virtual hangout - I do have a gmail account and use Google platforms regularly.

     

    Thank you again and Happy New Year Amanda and everyone.

    Scott

     



  • 6.  RE: Draft 2018 ALA Midwinter Meeting Agenda for SC

    Posted Jan 04, 2018 11:42 AM
      |   view attached

    Dear Sc Members:

    Many thanks to the feedback from David and Scott, we finalized SC meeting agenda for 2018 ALA Midwinter Meetings in Denver, CO.  SC will meet Sunday, February 11, 2018 from 1:00-2:30 pm MST in Sheraton Denver, 1550 Court Place, Room Governor’s Sq 12.  If internet connection is available, we will be joined virtually by Scott and perhaps Nancy via Google Hangouts.  We will discuss the following topics:

    1. Introduction (5 minutes)
    2. Meeting recorder volunteer? (5 minutes)
    3. Review SC Charge (Chapter 14.2.1), Tasks of the Standards Committee (Chapter 14.2.3) and Procedures of Standards Committee (Chapter 14.4), available from  http://www.ala.org/acrl/resources/policies/chapter14  (10 minutes)
    4. Progress report on annual Work Plan for SC (5 minutes)
    5. Discussions:
      1. Status updates on Tracking Sheet Assignments – all members (10 minutes)
      2. Identifying which standards and guidelines are overdue, which ones are due now, and which ones are due in the coming year (10 minutes)
      3. Listing and color coding standards and guidelines that are due to start their revision process (30 minutes)
      4. Strategies to contact committees or task forces and seek guidance from the ACRL Board (5 minutes)
      5. Virtual check-in, e.g. frequency (5 minutes)
    6. Others? (10 minutes)

    One of the key outcomes of this meeting is to come up with list of standards and guidelines that are due to start their revision process.  That's why it takes 30 minutes.  I hope everyone who will be able to attend the meeting bring your own copy of the meeting agenda and the tracking sheet that I sent out before New Year.

    Looking forward to seeing you in Denver or connecting you virtually via Google Handouts!

     

    Amanda 

     

    ********

    Amanda Xu

    Chair, ACRL Standards Committee

     

     

    Attachment(s)



  • 7.  RE: Draft 2018 ALA Midwinter Meeting Agenda for SC

    Posted Jan 19, 2018 02:44 PM
      |   view attached

    Dear SC Members,

    Since we have a very tight meeting agenda for MW 2018, I filled out our meeting-minute template based on the SC meeting agenda today.  In this way, we will focus on the issues that need to be addressed.  The meeting recorder can adjust the content of the meeting minutes as we go along with the meeting.  We will update it as changes may occur before MW 2018 as well.  Attached is the SC's meeting-minute template for MW 2018.  Please let me know if you have any concern.

    Thank you so much indeed for your support!

     

    Sincerely yours,

     

    Amanda

     

    ********

    Amanda Xu

    Chair, Standards Committee 

      

     

          

     

    Attachment(s)