EBSS RESEARCH FORUM – Call for Proposals
The Education and Behavioral Sciences Section Research Committee is holding its 9th Annual Research Poster Forum during the ALA Annual Conference in San Francisco, California. The Research Forum and reception follows the announcement and speech of the 2015 award winner for APA Excellence in Librarianship, and will take place on the afternoon of Saturday June 27, 2015.
The Forum seeks to provide beginning and established researchers an opportunity to present research in progress, receive collaborative feedback on their work and recommendations for future publishing. Research / Posters will be simultaneously presented and discussed in small informal groups. Attendees at the forum will find an arena for discussion and networking with their colleagues interested in research related issues and trends in the profession. The committee will use a blind review process.
Proposals are due February 13, 2015.
Proposals will be evaluated based on the extent to which they:
1. Measure and/or investigate library and information aspects in the fields of communication, psychology, social work and/or education.
2. Represent the current interests of the membership of EBSS.
3. Represent an original research project.
4. Show evidence of carefully planned research design and thoughtful analysis.
5. Clearly identify what stage of the project has been completed and estimate a timeline for the remainder of the project.
Note: Research that has been previously published or accepted for publication by December 1, 2014 will not be considered.
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
1. Format: Proposals should be 250-350 words, double spaced, 12 pt. font, one inch margins.
2. The first page should include:
Subsequent page(s) should include:
Please email submissions to Benjamin Andrus at email@example.com by Friday, February 13, 2015.
50 E Huron St. | Chicago, IL | 60611 | USA
© 2009-2019 American Library Association
Join | Renew | Donate
Request a New Community