ALA GLBTRT Web Committee Report (Midwinter Meeting 2015)
Recently Completed Activities
- Committee member Isaak worked with the ALA Design Office, John Amundsen, and ITTS to create a custom header, color scheme, and set of feature slides for the GLBTRT website. Feature slide Photoshop files added to the RT Google Drive for possible future edits.
- Committee members Compton and Isaak supported the Reviews Committee in the implementation of a responsive WordPress theme called Semicolon for the Reviews blog. The new theme is optimized for display on phones, tablets, and the desktop.
- Committee member Isaak retrospectively added WorldCat Links to all the previous Rainbow and Over the Rainbow book lists.
- Committee member Compton updated the plugins on the four RT blogs.
- Committee member Isaak performed regular content updates to the RT website for bylaws, web forms, GLBTQ bookstore and collection maps, etc.
- Committee member Isaak re-organized the contents of the Professional Tools webpage.
- Committee member Isaak worked with ITTS and Mack Freeman of the News Committee to add the GLBTRT logo as a favicon on the RT website and blogs.
Google Analytic Reports
Thank you to Committee member Compton for compiling these reports. Analysis period is November 30, 2013 to November 30, 2014
- Committee member Mano created a Flickr account for GLBTRT event photos and is currently soliciting photographs from RT members.
- Committee member Isaak is working with the News Committee to connect the MailChimp to Facebook for the GLBT News highlight newsletter.
- Work with relevant committees to transition the final two RT blogs to responsive themes.
- Review and update committee documentation.
- Review the SEO settings for the RT webpages.
- Update LibraryThing with the Stonewall Award, Rainbow book list, and Over the Rainbow book list that are announced at 2015 Midwinter meeting.
- Investigate and resolve an encoding issue on the RT blogs (older posts are effected and may have to do with ALA’s upgrade from WordPress 3.x to 4.1).
- Jeremy Snell was appointed to take over as committee chair after Annual 2014. Shortly thereafter Jeremy left the profession and ALA. David Isaak, past chair and current committee member, agreed to resume the chair position for 2014-2015.
- Three new committee members joined after Annual 2014.
- Kate Boeree, a returning committee member for another one year term (2014-2015), resigned from the Committee in October 2014.
- Eddie Rubiez and Cristina Mitra were recently appointed to the committee.
- The term of two committee members end after Annual 2015. Either they will need to be re-appointed or two new appointments will be necessary.
- David Conners Isaak (Chair, July 1, 2012, to June 30, 2015)
- Ellen Armstrong (Member, July 1, 2014, to June 30, 2016)
- Ruth Compton (Member, July 1, 2014, to June 30, 2015)
- Paige Mano (Member, July 1, 2014, to June 30, 2016)
- Cristina Mitra (Member, July 1, 2014, to June 30, 2016)
- Eddie Rubiez (Member, July 1, 2014, to June 30, 2016)