Agenda - Diversity Council - 2009 Midwinter Business Meeting
Diversity Council Business Meeting
ALA Midwinter Meeting Denver 2009
Friday 1/23, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
Hilton Garden Inn-Element Ballroom
Leslie Monsalve-Jones, Chair Presiding
Introductions and welcome to new members
Approval of minutes from (last) meeting
ONGOING BUSINESS ITEMS
• List of Diversity Council endorsed Candidates for Councilor at Large positions
• Discuss Resolution process and identifying means for consistent communication between Affiliates. Sample resolution from AILA provided.
PROGRAM(S) DISCUSSION – (LIMIT DISCUSSION TO DIVERSITY COUNCIL SPONSORED OR CO-SPONSORED PROGRAMS)
• Annual 2009, Resolutions Process
• Coordinate traveling program, what ALA Council can do for you
• Affiliate Reports (Limit to topics that need to be brought to COD)
Reports should focus on what critical information, issues, or concerns does the Affiliate group need to convey to Diversity Council so that Diversity Council can move it up through COD to ALA Council. Examples are potential resolutions that need co-signing or writing, or anything that should effect new or proposed ALA policy, standards and/or legislation.
NEW BUSINESS ITEMS
• Assemble Diversity Council Report to Committee on Diversity