Agenda - Diversity Council - 2006 Annual Business Meeting
ALA Diversity Council
ALA Annual Conference 2006 – New Orleans
Friday, 6/23/2006 – 3:30 – 5:30 p.m.
II. Approve minutes from Midwinter Meeting in San Antonio
III. Round robin reports regarding affiliate activities around diversity issues, e.g. programs, awards, concerns discussed on affiliate discussion lists, etc. (This is really a chance to ask questions of one another and share last minute info!)
- American Indian Library Association (AILA)
- Asian Pacific American Librarians Association (APALA)
- Black Caucus of the American Library Association (BCALA)
- Chinese American Librarians Association (CALA)
- National Association to Promote Library and Information Services to Latinos and the Spanish-Speaking (REFORMA)
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Round Table (GLBTRT)
- Association of Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies Libraries Serving Special Populations Section (ASCLA LSSPS)
IV. DISCUSSION – Joint membership for Diversity Council affiliates. Progress reports and brainstorming about if and how this idea should move forward
V. DISCUSSION – Draft revision of Section 60 of the ALA Handbook - endorsements
VI. DISCUSSION – “Cooperative social” Great idea! Little or no action. Can we pull it together for Midwinter 2007 in Seattle?
VII. DISCUSSION – Final prep for our program on Sunday
VIII. DISCUSSION – Program planning for Annual 2007 Conference
IX. DISCUSSION - “Toolkits” and “Diversity Online” ideas
X. DISCUSSION – Review of our charge / What are some additional specific things we can do to fulfill our mission?
XI. Report from Office for Diversity
XII. Items to be sent to the Committee on Diversity?
XIII. Other business?