Agenda - Diversity Council - 2005 Midwinter Business Meeting
ALA Diversity Council
Midwinter Meeting 2005 – Boston
Friday, 01/14/05 – 3:30 – 5:30 p.m.
2. Round robin reports regarding affiliate activities around diversity issues, e.g. programs, awards, concerns discussed on affiliate discussion lists, etc.
- American Indian Library Association (AILA)
- Asian Pacific American Librarians Association (APALA)
- Black Caucus of the American Library Association (BCALA)
- Chinese American Librarians Association (CALA)
- National Association to Promote Library and Information Services to Latinos and the Spanish-Speaking (REFORMA)
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Round Table (GLBTRT)
- Association of Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies Libraries Serving Special Populations Section (ASCLA LSSPS)
3. DISCUSSION – How can we improve ongoing reporting from our affiliates to this group and to the Committee on Diversity? How can we carry concerns back to our affiliates for cooperative action if that is appropriate?
4. DISCUSSION – Review of our charge / What are some specific things we can do to fulfill our mission?
5. DISCUSSION – Review of program planned for Annual Conference
6. “Toolkits” – Wendy Prellwitz
7. Report from Office for Diversity
8. Items to be sent to the Committee on Diversity?
9. Items sent to us by the Committee for Diversity for action
10. Other business?