STS Assessment Committee July 2009 Annual meeting minutes
Last modified by Helen Smith on Tue, 06/15/2010 - 10:40 am
Tags: General News & Discussion | General News & Discussion | General News & Discussion | 2009 | minutes
STS Assessment Committee
July 2009 Minutes
Present: Rachel Borchardt, Annie Zeidman-Karpinski, Helen Smith, Norma Kobzina, Brian Lym, Beth Blanton-Kent, David Romito, Carol Lunce, Michelle Foss
- Report from council
- Midwinter & annual being shortened by 1 day - not sure how that will affect STS - let them know about new conflicts
- Virtual meetings - info from ALA - they are setting basic guidelines
- Action plans due after annual - assessment components must come through us
- Attendance sheets - assessment will coordinate.
- 1st Video now available (looking for approval).
- Read liaison reports
- Organization & Planning - will be taking over all assessment of strategic planning activities
- Report from liaisons to other STS committees
- Publications - Brian and Beth - video - not assessed yet since it was just finished.
- Organization & Planning - Rachel & Carolyn. - ok to disband (see above)
- Research - Helen & Amelia - Forms for assessing the new format of the Forum - will be handed out at the Forum and at the STS Poster Sessions. Put forms on Connect. Need to make form/survey for those not at Poster Session - ask on STS-L for folks to fill out.
- Information Literacy - Alison & Melanee - have been involved in the meetings and the IL wiki, but no assessment yet
- Continuing Education - Norma & Amelia - they are assessing w/ survey - article to come out at some point. Disband at this time? Unless they ask for assistance.
- ACRL 2009 Planning - Carolyn, Melanee & Rachel - survey given at Embedded Librarian preconference - results given to the committee.
- Liaison Committee - Beth & Annie - fell off radar - Report due from them in August. Survey was sent out to STS-L.
- Web Site/wiki - Helen - not done anything recently. How do we want to integrate web site, wiki and Connect?
- New Business
- Virtual Meetings - Proposal - Midwinter at least become virtual pending approval from STS Council. General info will be sent via email, investigating other options for virtual meeting - chat? (meebo, Connect, Ning), Skype? During the meeting? Before the meeting? Rachel & Helen will explore options for this - give pros and cons to committee. By October 31.
- Redistribution of liaison duties
- Publications - Brian & Beth
- Research - Helen & Amelia
- Information Literacy - Carol Lunce - will ask for help if she needs
- Liaison - Beth - ask for help if she needs
- Standardized attendance sheet/form for all meetings - David Romito
- Compiling results of assessment and attendance - Rachel (received at Council II by Annie and mailed to Rachel)
- Other jobs for the Assessment Committee. Programs on assessment? Perhaps with the Hot Topics DG? Assessing Space? Collections? Guidelines? Criteria? - Michelle Foss (visitor), Beth and Amelia (if she agrees) will do lit review first and recommendation of what we do next to report findings for Midwinter.
- Will continue to use listserv to communicate - need to get Annie to have Rachel or Helen be the new moderator (Rachel and Annie are working on this)