GODORT Program Committee (Government Documents Round Table) Committee
Friday, June 10, 2009
4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
PALM Burnham 5
- Introductions and Welcome
- Short review of 2009 preconference: All Government Information is Local: Building on a Century of Local and Regional information in Libraries
- Short discussion of logistics for 2009 program Gov Doc Kids
- Brief review of committee membership duties
Program Committee I
Friday, January 23, 4:00-5:30pm
Sheraton Denver - Aspen
1. Welcome, introductions - Amy West
2. Establish note taker, approve agenda, approve minutes from ALA Annual Anaheim, CA 2008
2.2 Approve Agenda: Yea: Amy, John, Bruce
2.3 Approve Minutes from ALA Annual: Yea: Chris, Bruce, John, Amy
a.a Chair Report: see b and c below
a.b Report on APSA Short Course from John Hernandez: "GODORT and LPSS have been collaborating on developing Short Courses for the American Political Science Association annual conference which is usually held at the end of August. It's basically the equivalent of a pre-conference. This year's will be in Toronto. We're working on a tenure-related theme- probably something on author's rights and open access journals. Still working out the topic. Chris Palazzolo and I are involved, as are Bruce Pencek and Ann Marshall among a few others. Kevin McClure was also part of this when we did it in Chicago in 2007."
b. Report on 2009 Preconference for ALA Annual
b.a on schedule
c. Report on 2009 GODORT Program at ALA Annual
c.a on schedule
d. Solicit proposals for programs at ALA Annual 2010 \ Discussion
d.a proposals put forward for Steering are the Blakeley/Glenn/Quinn preconference "The New Civic Engagement" and the Hartnett program "Together We Can Save Congress: Librarians and Archivists Working Together"