Syndicate content

ACRL Diversity Committee (Association of College and Research Libraries) Committee

In: Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL), Diversity

2013 Midwinter ACRL – Diversity Committee

January 25, 2013

1:00pm – 2:30pm

Westin Seattle Hotel - Glacier Peak Room

 

 

 

1
View:   Faces | List

Discussion Racial and Ethnic Diversity Committee MW Agenda

by Charlene Maxey-Harris on Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 03:40 pm

ACRL Racial and Ethnic Diversity Committee Meeting

Saturday, January 21, 2012

1:30-3:30 p.m.

Sheraton Dallas Hotel--Rm. Majestic 08 

Agenda

I.             Welcome
II.            Designation of recorder
III.          ACRL Work plan 2011-2012

A.  Diversity Standards: Cultural Competencies for Academic Libraries (update)

ACRL Racial and Ethnic Diversity Committee Meeting

Saturday, January 21, 2012

1:30-3:30 p.m.

Sheraton Dallas Hotel--Rm. Majestic 08 

Agenda

I.             Welcome
II.            Designation of recorder
III.          ACRL Work plan 2011-2012

A.  Diversity Standards: Cultural Competencies for Academic Libraries (update)

B.  Spreading the Word about the Diversity Standards         

  •  JCLC Proposal—If accepted, what needs to be done? Roundtables
  • ALA 2012 Proposal—focus
  • Other presentations:  Indiana State Libraries, Washington State Libraries
  • Series of workshops/webinars

C.  Implementation Stage

  • Pilot Project –University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign
  •  Diversity Standards “Best Practices”

IV.          Other News/Announcements

V.            Adjournment

Committee members:  Toni Anaya, Latrice Booker, Rayette Sterling (vice-chair), Charlene Maxey-Harris (chair), Scott Mandernack, Mary Ann Sheble, (Board Liaison)

More...

Discussion REDC Agenda ALA 2011 Conference

by Charlene Maxey-Harris on Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 04:58 pm

2011 ALA Annual New Orleans

Racial and Ethnic Diversity Committee (ACRL)

1:30-3:30 p.m. Saturday, June 25, 2011

Doubletree Hotel, Nottoway B

Agenda

Committee members:  Toni Anaya, DeLoice Holliday (Chair), Emily Love, Scott Mandernack, Pat Tomlin, Heleni Pedersoli, Rayette Sterling, Charlene Maxey-Harris (Vice-Chair)

I. Welcome and Introductions

II. Designation of recorder

III. Strategic Planning

2011 ALA Annual New Orleans

Racial and Ethnic Diversity Committee (ACRL)

1:30-3:30 p.m. Saturday, June 25, 2011

Doubletree Hotel, Nottoway B

Agenda

Committee members:  Toni Anaya, DeLoice Holliday (Chair), Emily Love, Scott Mandernack, Pat Tomlin, Heleni Pedersoli, Rayette Sterling, Charlene Maxey-Harris (Vice-Chair)

I. Welcome and Introductions

II. Designation of recorder

III. Strategic Planning

                A.  Review Committee goals and areas of focus

                                2010-2011 Work Report

                B.  Review Workplan 2011-2012 Details (draft)

                                Diversity Standards—feedback, comments

                C.  Review Workplan 2012-2013 draft

IV.  Program Planning

                A.  ALA 2012

                B.  ACRL 2013

V. Other Business

 

More...

Online Doc October 19, 2010 meeting

by Melanee Vicedo (non-member) on Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 11:07 am

REDC Meeting, 10/19/09, 2pm (Eastern)

Archived on Thu, 02/18/2010 - 5:00pm.

10/19/2009 - 12:59pm

Melanee Vicedo:Hi Patrick!

10/19/2009 - 1:00pm

Patrick Tomlin:Hi!

10/19/2009 - 1:01pm

Melanee Vicedo:Hi Emily.

10/19/2009 - 1:02pm

Emily Love:hi and hi

REDC Meeting, 10/19/09, 2pm (Eastern)

Archived on Thu, 02/18/2010 - 5:00pm.

10/19/2009 - 12:59pm

Melanee Vicedo:Hi Patrick!

10/19/2009 - 1:00pm

Patrick Tomlin:Hi!

10/19/2009 - 1:01pm

Melanee Vicedo:Hi Emily.

10/19/2009 - 1:02pm

Emily Love:hi and hi

10/19/2009 - 1:02pm

Patrick Tomlin:My office in the art architecture library has a big glass door that makes me very visible--I'm crossing my fingers that no one will knock on it for a while.

10/19/2009 - 1:02pm

Melanee Vicedo:I think Dee is the only one who said she couldn't make it so I'll wait a few more minutes.

10/19/2009 - 1:03pm

that's cool if you have to step away. we'll just talk about you.

10/19/2009 - 1:03pm

kidding.

10/19/2009 - 1:03pm

Emily Love:ha

10/19/2009 - 1:03pm

Melanee Vicedo:we should be ending by 3 or even earlier.

10/19/2009 - 1:03pm

Hi Trevor.

10/19/2009 - 1:04pm

Trevor A. Dawes:sorry, I'm a bit tardy

10/19/2009 - 1:04pm

hello, everyone

10/19/2009 - 1:04pm

Patrick Tomlin:: )

10/19/2009 - 1:04pm

Melanee Vicedo:No problem. I am waiting 2 more minutes.

10/19/2009 - 1:04pm

HI Charlene

10/19/2009 - 1:04pm

Charlene Maxey-Harris:hello all!

10/19/2009 - 1:05pm

Melanee Vicedo:1 more minute and we'll get the party started.

10/19/2009 - 1:06pm

Ok, let's get started...

10/19/2009 - 1:07pm

the tasks are due today and I saw a couple of reports back. Anyone have any feedback?

10/19/2009 - 1:07pm

How it went? The process?

10/19/2009 - 1:08pm

We may look at parceling out tasks for the next steps, which is the working paper.

10/19/2009 - 1:08pm

Emily Love:i thought it was very manageable. although, like i said in my notes, interesting that none of the guidelines i read had any mention of diversity... hmmm

10/19/2009 - 1:09pm

Charlene Maxey-Harris:i'm still working on mine...Nat'l Social Workers

10/19/2009 - 1:09pm

Melanee Vicedo:i noticed that too. and i looked at the undergraduate services guidelines.

10/19/2009 - 1:09pm

that's cool Charlene. I like NASW's guidelines.

10/19/2009 - 1:09pm

Emily Love:charlene... you got the meaty one

10/19/2009 - 1:09pm

Patrick Tomlin:I had the same experience--little direct discussion of diversity or cultural competencies. My docs dealt with professional qualifications and status.

10/19/2009 - 1:10pm

Melanee Vicedo:well i think our guidelines should address what's lacking.

10/19/2009 - 1:11pm

Ok, I just wanted to see if anyone came across anything glaring or had difficulty with the task.

10/19/2009 - 1:11pm

Moving on...

10/19/2009 - 1:11pm

Charlene Maxey-Harris:hold on...

10/19/2009 - 1:11pm

Melanee Vicedo:Yes, Charlene.

10/19/2009 - 1:12pm

Charlene Maxey-Harris:since I have the meaty one.... should I review all of the standards and list them

10/19/2009 - 1:12pm

Melanee Vicedo:What do you mean by list them? NASW or the ALA guidelines?

10/19/2009 - 1:13pm

Are you also working on the ALA/ACRL guidelines?

10/19/2009 - 1:13pm

Charlene Maxey-Harris:NASW--for example

10/19/2009 - 1:14pm

they have standards and indicators with interpretation

10/19/2009 - 1:15pm

Melanee Vicedo:For NASW, you should identify aspects of those guidelines that illustrate what REDC is trying to achieve with our guidelines

10/19/2009 - 1:15pm

were you able to pull out parts we could use or that pertain to what we're trying to do?

10/19/2009 - 1:15pm

Hi Scott

10/19/2009 - 1:15pm

Charlene Maxey-Harris:k. do we have goals already established?

10/19/2009 - 1:16pm

Scott Mandernack:Hello everyone. (Sorry I'm late...)

10/19/2009 - 1:16pm

Charlene Maxey-Harris:the short version is online...http://www.socialworkers.org/diversity/new/standards.asp

10/19/2009 - 1:16pm

Melanee Vicedo:We have a summary of what our guidelines want to achieve. I think more defined goals will be in the working paper.

10/19/2009 - 1:17pm

I can send you that summary and i believe it's posted on ALA Connect.

10/19/2009 - 1:17pm

Charlene Maxey-Harris:k. I'll check it out

10/19/2009 - 1:17pm

Melanee Vicedo:I will take a look at it after the meeting and be in touch Charlene. Is that Ok?

10/19/2009 - 1:18pm

Charlene Maxey-Harris:I will take the parts that will apply to our guidelines

10/19/2009 - 1:18pm

sure

10/19/2009 - 1:18pm

Emily Love:having looked at the NASW a while back... i thought... wouldn't it be nice if we could just take that and replace 'social work' references with 'library' :)

10/19/2009 - 1:18pm

Melanee Vicedo:That's what I thought! even their wording is spot on, IMO

10/19/2009 - 1:18pm

Charlene Maxey-Harris:i know....these are cultural competencies

10/19/2009 - 1:18pm

Melanee Vicedo:Anyone else have anything on the tasks?

10/19/2009 - 1:19pm

Trevor A. Dawes:short thing

10/19/2009 - 1:19pm

Melanee Vicedo:Yes, Trevor.'

10/19/2009 - 1:19pm

Trevor A. Dawes:Melanee's email of 9/13/09 addressed the reason for the compasiron...

10/19/2009 - 1:19pm

comparison...

10/19/2009 - 1:19pm

but I think we should be focusing on http://tinyurl.com/yktuhup as our guide, no?

10/19/2009 - 1:20pm

[link to the acrl standards development process]

10/19/2009 - 1:20pm

Melanee Vicedo:Yes Trevor.

10/19/2009 - 1:20pm

Trevor A. Dawes:it's hard to multi-task with this chat meeting ;-)

10/19/2009 - 1:21pm

Melanee Vicedo:We are following those guidelines...

10/19/2009 - 1:21pm

Trevor A. Dawes:I know you'd sent the link before, I just want us to keep them in mind

10/19/2009 - 1:22pm

Melanee Vicedo:and looked at other org's guidelines to bolster our insight into cultural competencies and how they are used within other orgs

10/19/2009 - 1:22pm

wow, i hope that made sense...

10/19/2009 - 1:22pm

Emily Love:right - that being like step 2

10/19/2009 - 1:23pm

Melanee Vicedo:since the existing ACRL/ALA guidelines are lacking, we thought it would help to look at other existing cultural competency guidelines

10/19/2009 - 1:23pm

Patrick Tomlin:makes sense

10/19/2009 - 1:23pm

Melanee Vicedo:but you're right on Trevor, we are following the guidelines. Actually, we have to since ACRL won't even consider it without us following it.

10/19/2009 - 1:23pm

Trevor A. Dawes:ok

10/19/2009 - 1:24pm

Melanee Vicedo:Thank you for bringing it up.

10/19/2009 - 1:24pm

I'll send out a summary of what everyone reported back and more details on the next step: the working paper!

10/19/2009 - 1:25pm

Anything else on the tasks?

10/19/2009 - 1:25pm

Trevor A. Dawes:none here

10/19/2009 - 1:25pm

Melanee Vicedo:Ok. Next I just wanted to make everyone aware that the REDC has put in a proposal for a panel at the National Diversity in Libraries.

10/19/2009 - 1:26pm

thank you to Dee, Emily and Charlene for working on it.

10/19/2009 - 1:26pm

I should have done it earlier but I'll send out the final proposal to the group.

10/19/2009 - 1:26pm

I'll also send out something when we hear back from the selection committee.

10/19/2009 - 1:26pm

Trevor A. Dawes:If I can give a heads-up, I will

10/19/2009 - 1:27pm

Melanee Vicedo:Thank you Trevor. If this was an in-person meeting, I would have winked at you.

10/19/2009 - 1:27pm

=)\

10/19/2009 - 1:27pm

Emily Love::)

10/19/2009 - 1:27pm

Trevor A. Dawes:I can say though, that we received 90 proposals

10/19/2009 - 1:27pm

and we'll be accepting about 30

10/19/2009 - 1:28pm

Melanee Vicedo:Wow! that's great that you received so many

10/19/2009 - 1:28pm

t

10/19/2009 - 1:28pm

sorry premature "enter"

10/19/2009 - 1:28pm

Charlene Maxey-Harris:I'm curious...how many did you receive before changing the date?

10/19/2009 - 1:29pm

Trevor A. Dawes:before the new deadline we had about 30. but we wanted to have choice - boy do we have choices now!

10/19/2009 - 1:29pm

Emily Love:i think we all submit ones on our own;)

10/19/2009 - 1:29pm

Melanee Vicedo:I think so too Emily. Any more on the NDLC?

10/19/2009 - 1:30pm

Charlene Maxey-Harris:yep...

10/19/2009 - 1:30pm

Melanee Vicedo:Ok...

10/19/2009 - 1:31pm

sorry, Charlene, did you have something else?

10/19/2009 - 1:32pm

Charlene Maxey-Harris:no--just mentioned i submitted a proposal from my library

10/19/2009 - 1:32pm

Melanee Vicedo:Oh ok!

10/19/2009 - 1:33pm

So this segways into REDC's participation in conferences and partnering with other groups.

10/19/2009 - 1:33pm

I just wanted to put out there that if you are involved with other sections/committees, keep the REDC in mind and maybe we can co-sponsor a program.

10/19/2009 - 1:34pm

Emily Love:how much $ does REDC have for that?

10/19/2009 - 1:34pm

Melanee Vicedo:I know planning for ALA Annual is on its way and ACRL will be coming up too.

10/19/2009 - 1:34pm

I don't have the exact $ but like the NDLC conference, ACRL has money set aside for diversity programming so they are open to providing funding.

10/19/2009 - 1:35pm

We just have to plan and put in the proposal in time.

10/19/2009 - 1:35pm

Trevor A. Dawes:And, any section/committee/interest group may submit an annual program proposal

10/19/2009 - 1:35pm

that is reviewed by the Professional Development Committee and will be given funding if the proposal is accepted

10/19/2009 - 1:36pm

it's too late to submit a proposal for 2010 Annual. did we submit something?

10/19/2009 - 1:36pm

Emily Love:the REDC did a good program for annual in DC...

10/19/2009 - 1:36pm

Melanee Vicedo:No we didn't. I don't know about any individual members.

10/19/2009 - 1:37pm

Who planned that Emily?

10/19/2009 - 1:37pm

Emily Love:Chisa Uyeki and some of the past members

10/19/2009 - 1:37pm

she was the chair before michelle

10/19/2009 - 1:37pm

Trevor A. Dawes:proposals are due on 5/1/10 for 2011 Annual conference.

10/19/2009 - 1:37pm

Emily Love:They did a panel

10/19/2009 - 1:38pm

called 'The R Word' and had mark winston and lorna peterson talk about racism in libraries

10/19/2009 - 1:38pm

Melanee Vicedo:Oh cool. Chisa's awesome.

10/19/2009 - 1:38pm

Thanks Trevor.

10/19/2009 - 1:38pm

And if we want to do something at ACRL, we should think about that too. I'm not sure about the due date.

10/19/2009 - 1:38pm

Trevor A. Dawes:those are due sometime this year (i believe)

10/19/2009 - 1:38pm

Emily Love:i compiled the audience surveys - the main suggestion was that people wanted to see presenters of other backgrounds talk as well - latino, mixed, disability, et

10/19/2009 - 1:39pm

Melanee Vicedo:I just want to put it out there that there's funding support and support from REDC!

10/19/2009 - 1:39pm

Patrick Tomlin:duly noted.

10/19/2009 - 1:40pm

Melanee Vicedo:I'll put due dates together and send something out to the group as a reminder and hopefully light a fire.

10/19/2009 - 1:40pm

Anything else on conferences?

10/19/2009 - 1:41pm

Emily Love:if the ndlc proposal got accepted, maybe it could light something for ala 2011. just a thought

10/19/2009 - 1:41pm

Trevor A. Dawes:indeed.

10/19/2009 - 1:41pm

Melanee Vicedo:Yeah, we can build momentum.

10/19/2009 - 1:42pm

Speaking of momentum, I wanted to talk about the upcoming Midwinter meeting....if there was nothing else on conferences.

10/19/2009 - 1:42pm

We're almost done btw. I have one more thing after this.

10/19/2009 - 1:42pm

Scott Mandernack:Wehat about something based on the cultural competencies...? Or is that being too optimistic? ;-)

10/19/2009 - 1:42pm

Emily Love:i know you emailed it, but when's the midwinter meeting again?

10/19/2009 - 1:43pm

Melanee Vicedo:I think if we definitely have the working paper set we can do something with it.

10/19/2009 - 1:43pm

Trevor A. Dawes:1/15 - 1/19

10/19/2009 - 1:43pm

Melanee Vicedo:it's on a saturday, 1:30-3:30

10/19/2009 - 1:43pm

Trevor A. Dawes:duh? my bad

10/19/2009 - 1:43pm

Emily Love:thansk melanee:)

10/19/2009 - 1:44pm

Melanee Vicedo:Scott, the working paper will have to be distributed to the association so it can be a panel/ roundtable type of thing.

10/19/2009 - 1:44pm

thanks trevor!

10/19/2009 - 1:44pm

Charlene Maxey-Harris:is this the REDC mtg scheduled at midwinter?

10/19/2009 - 1:44pm

Melanee Vicedo:Yes, REDC midwinter meeting

10/19/2009 - 1:45pm

I think almost everyone will be at Midwinter and hopefully can make it to the meeting.

10/19/2009 - 1:45pm

I wanted to use it as an opportunity to not just touch base and see one another in person but also discuss our trajectory.

10/19/2009 - 1:46pm

Maybe discuss ideas about programming, other activities.

10/19/2009 - 1:47pm

Of course we'll talk about our current activities but since we're together so sporadically, I wanted to see if everyone was on the same page.

10/19/2009 - 1:47pm

Emily Love:sounds good

10/19/2009 - 1:48pm

Patrick Tomlin:yep

10/19/2009 - 1:48pm

Melanee Vicedo:I'll flesh it out more soon! =)

10/19/2009 - 1:48pm

Charlene Maxey-Harris:o.k.

10/19/2009 - 1:48pm

Scott Mandernack:I look forward to getting together

10/19/2009 - 1:48pm

Melanee Vicedo:And is everyone here going to Midwinter?

10/19/2009 - 1:48pm

Scott Mandernack:Yes, I am.

10/19/2009 - 1:48pm

Charlene Maxey-Harris:im going

10/19/2009 - 1:48pm

Trevor A. Dawes:I'll be there

10/19/2009 - 1:49pm

Melanee Vicedo:Cool!

10/19/2009 - 1:49pm

Patrick Tomlin:Me too.

10/19/2009 - 1:49pm

Emily Love:me too

10/19/2009 - 1:49pm

happy its in boston

10/19/2009 - 1:49pm

Melanee Vicedo:Also at Midwinter, some members will be attending other section's/committee's meetings

10/19/2009 - 1:50pm

to see how we can collaborate with them.

10/19/2009 - 1:50pm

I'm going to be frozen in boston!

10/19/2009 - 1:50pm

I know Trevor is attending the section leader's meeting.

10/19/2009 - 1:50pm

And we may have someone unofficially liaison-ing for ALA's Committee on Diversity

10/19/2009 - 1:51pm

I think this is a great direction for REDC. Collaboration with other groups.

10/19/2009 - 1:52pm

And if you know of other groups that may want or willbe a good group to have a liasion with, share it.

10/19/2009 - 1:53pm

Ok, I think that's my part about the Midwinter meeting.

10/19/2009 - 1:53pm

Anyone have anything else on Midwinter. Or I will open it up to any other business you all may have.

10/19/2009 - 1:53pm

Charlene Maxey-Harris:I'm chairing the LLAMA Diversity Officers Group--maybe there's something we can do

10/19/2009 - 1:53pm

Emily Love:definitely

10/19/2009 - 1:54pm

Scott Mandernack:I'm a member of the Residency Interest Group, so there might be some possibilities for collaboration with them as well.

10/19/2009 - 1:54pm

Melanee Vicedo:You know I was just at North Carolina library association conference and they had a panel on members of the diversity committee from different schools.

10/19/2009 - 1:54pm

Sounds great Charlene and Scott.

10/19/2009 - 1:54pm

Let us know and we can help out.

10/19/2009 - 1:55pm

Emily Love:thanks for the meeting melanee

10/19/2009 - 1:55pm

Melanee Vicedo:Welcome.

10/19/2009 - 1:55pm

Anyone have anything else to share?

10/19/2009 - 1:55pm

Charlene Maxey-Harris:thanks for keeping us on track

10/19/2009 - 1:55pm

Trevor A. Dawes:indeed

10/19/2009 - 1:55pm

Melanee Vicedo:You're welcome. Everyone is so great!

10/19/2009 - 1:56pm

And please feel free to email the group if you have anything to share.

10/19/2009 - 1:56pm

Charlene Maxey-Harris:k

10/19/2009 - 1:56pm

Patrick Tomlin:Nice to meet everyone (virtually, anyway). Look forward to the in-person at Midwinter.

10/19/2009 - 1:56pm

Emily Love:bye

10/19/2009 - 1:56pm

Charlene Maxey-Harris:bye

10/19/2009 - 1:56pm

Melanee Vicedo:It will be good to see everyone!

10/19/2009 - 1:56pm

Trevor A. Dawes:see you there, Patrick. bye all

10/19/2009 - 1:56pm

Melanee Vicedo:Bye all!

10/19/2009 - 1:56pm

Scott Mandernack:See you in a few months!

More...

Online Doc February 17, 2010 online meeting

by Melanee Vicedo (non-member) on Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 11:06 am

REDC meeting, February 17, 2010

Archived on Thu, 02/18/2010 - 4:59pm.

02/17/2010 - 12:43pm

Melanee Vicedo:Testing

02/17/2010 - 12:50pm

Locke Morrisey:Hi Melanee. Hope this comes through

02/17/2010 - 12:58pm

Trevor A. Dawes:hello

02/17/2010 - 12:58pm

Locke Morrisey:Hi Trevor! Tyrone says hello

REDC meeting, February 17, 2010

Archived on Thu, 02/18/2010 - 4:59pm.

02/17/2010 - 12:43pm

Melanee Vicedo:Testing

02/17/2010 - 12:50pm

Locke Morrisey:Hi Melanee. Hope this comes through

02/17/2010 - 12:58pm

Trevor A. Dawes:hello

02/17/2010 - 12:58pm

Locke Morrisey:Hi Trevor! Tyrone says hello

02/17/2010 - 12:58pm

Trevor A. Dawes:hey Locke, please give him my regards

02/17/2010 - 12:58pm

Emily Love:hi

02/17/2010 - 12:59pm

Locke Morrisey:I will.

02/17/2010 - 12:59pm

Melanee Vicedo:Hi all!

02/17/2010 - 12:59pm

Locke Morrisey:Hi Melanee!

02/17/2010 - 12:59pm

Melanee Vicedo:I was on another page...sorry.

02/17/2010 - 12:59pm

Trevor A. Dawes:Hey Mel, hi Emily

02/17/2010 - 12:59pm

Melanee Vicedo:Hi Trevor.

02/17/2010 - 1:00pm

Emily Love:hi hi hi

02/17/2010 - 1:00pm

Melanee Vicedo:I know Charlene, Scott, and Patrick won't be able to make it.

02/17/2010 - 1:00pm

Michele is having some connection problems.

02/17/2010 - 1:00pm

w

02/17/2010 - 1:01pm

We'll start in a couple of minutes.

02/17/2010 - 1:01pm

Locke Morrisey:k

02/17/2010 - 1:01pm

Melanee Vicedo:Locke, I'm glad you were able to make it!

02/17/2010 - 1:01pm

Locke Morrisey:Thanks. So am I!\

02/17/2010 - 1:02pm

For those who don't know, I'm a former REDC member and the liaison from the ACRL Board to REDC

02/17/2010 - 1:02pm

I haven't been able to make in person meetings at conference due to conflict with ACRL Board meetings

02/17/2010 - 1:07pm

Melanee Vicedo:Ok, it is 6 past 1 on my clock. 1 more minute. =)

02/17/2010 - 1:08pm

If it's ok with everyone here, we can start.

02/17/2010 - 1:08pm

Locke Morrisey:go for it

02/17/2010 - 1:08pm

Melanee Vicedo:Cool...

02/17/2010 - 1:08pm

Emily Love:sounds good

02/17/2010 - 1:08pm

Trevor A. Dawes:OK

02/17/2010 - 1:08pm

Melanee Vicedo:did everyone get a chance to look at the working paper outline?

02/17/2010 - 1:09pm

Trevor A. Dawes:yes.

02/17/2010 - 1:09pm

Emily Love:yes

02/17/2010 - 1:09pm

Melanee Vicedo:I think from the response (or lack of) it was approved by the committee.

02/17/2010 - 1:09pm

Locke Morrisey:yup

02/17/2010 - 1:09pm

Melanee Vicedo:"Lack of" meaning not a lot of changes were suggested!

02/17/2010 - 1:09pm

I didn't mean no one responded. =)

02/17/2010 - 1:09pm

Ok, so from the last meeting, midwinter...

02/17/2010 - 1:10pm

we agreed to send out the outline to the association for comments...

02/17/2010 - 1:10pm

before we started actual writing.

02/17/2010 - 1:10pm

Trevor A. Dawes:this is where I still get a little confused...

02/17/2010 - 1:10pm

Melanee Vicedo:Yes Trevor...

02/17/2010 - 1:10pm

Trevor A. Dawes:the working paper is stating why we're working on the guidelines, etc, but we aren't yet working on the guidelines

02/17/2010 - 1:10pm

...

02/17/2010 - 1:11pm

should we have the guidelines - in draft form before sending out

02/17/2010 - 1:11pm

that will accompany the working paper

02/17/2010 - 1:11pm

Locke Morrisey:I like that idea Trevor

02/17/2010 - 1:11pm

Melanee Vicedo:Actually, I need some clarification on this too!

02/17/2010 - 1:11pm

Locke Morrisey:Also, how will this be disseminated?

02/17/2010 - 1:11pm

Emily Love:and how far...

02/17/2010 - 1:11pm

Melanee Vicedo:Yes, that's what I was thnking when I was reviewing the notes.

02/17/2010 - 1:12pm

I talked to Margot and she has a list of groups she'll send out to...

02/17/2010 - 1:12pm

Emily Love:also, i woke up this morning, and i vaguely recall that we had talked about contacting the writers of the social work CC about using some of their language...

02/17/2010 - 1:12pm

(i'm getting ahead though)

02/17/2010 - 1:12pm

Melanee Vicedo:Office of Diversity...

02/17/2010 - 1:12pm

ACRL Communities of Practice Assembly...

02/17/2010 - 1:12pm

send to ACRLleads

02/17/2010 - 1:13pm

And Ethnic Caucuses

02/17/2010 - 1:13pm

Ethnic Caucuses came out of Dee's meeting with Office of Diversity.

02/17/2010 - 1:13pm

Can we back up a bit?

02/17/2010 - 1:13pm

Locke Morrisey:sure

02/17/2010 - 1:13pm

Melanee Vicedo:Let's go back to the working paper draft and outline....

02/17/2010 - 1:14pm

Hi Heleni...we are talking about the working paper, we just started.

02/17/2010 - 1:14pm

So, we are not sending out the outline. We intend to send out the draft. Correct?

02/17/2010 - 1:15pm

Trevor A. Dawes:I think it makes more sense to send the draft working paper - along with teh draft guidelines

02/17/2010 - 1:15pm

Heleni Pedersoli:Hi everybody! Just came from church. Today is Ash Wed. Sosrry I am a little late.

02/17/2010 - 1:15pm

Locke Morrisey:I would agree with Trevor. It gives all interested members a chance to be part of the process.

02/17/2010 - 1:15pm

Melanee Vicedo:Yes Trevor, I agree.

02/17/2010 - 1:15pm

Hi Heleni, no problem.

02/17/2010 - 1:16pm

Heleni Pedersoli:I am catching up with the posts.

02/17/2010 - 1:16pm

Melanee Vicedo:Ok, so right now, we do not have the draft. We only have an outline.

02/17/2010 - 1:16pm

Trevor A. Dawes:but, I also think we are well on teh way with the workign paper, so not much needs to be done there - just a few more tweaks

02/17/2010 - 1:16pm

Melanee Vicedo:Our next step is writing assignments for draft and guidelines.

02/17/2010 - 1:16pm

Trevor A. Dawes:and if we're sending the draft guidelines with it, some of the "next steps" will have to be revised....

02/17/2010 - 1:17pm

Melanee Vicedo:Yeah the guidelines are the ones that need to be written.

02/17/2010 - 1:17pm

Emily Love:in dividing up the guidelines, do you want to create a timeline?

02/17/2010 - 1:18pm

Melanee Vicedo:Yes, I think that's a good idea.

02/17/2010 - 1:18pm

It would be great to still have it prior to Annual.

02/17/2010 - 1:18pm

Heleni Pedersoli:Yeah, definitely timeline will help!

02/17/2010 - 1:18pm

Locke Morrisey:If you want the ACRL Board to discuss at Annual it needs to get to them by 5/28/10

02/17/2010 - 1:19pm

Melanee Vicedo:Should we send it out for comments before the Board discussion?

02/17/2010 - 1:19pm

Emily Love:YES

02/17/2010 - 1:19pm

i mean among us

02/17/2010 - 1:19pm

Heleni Pedersoli:I agree.

02/17/2010 - 1:19pm

Emily Love:the redc group should have some time to vet before sending anywhere

02/17/2010 - 1:19pm

so i'd say we should have it done a month or a few weeks prior to sending out period

02/17/2010 - 1:19pm

Locke Morrisey:I agree wtih Emily and Heleni

02/17/2010 - 1:20pm

Melanee Vicedo:It is mid Feb...I'm trying to think if we have enough time to write...

02/17/2010 - 1:20pm

what does the group think?

02/17/2010 - 1:20pm

that sounds good emily.

02/17/2010 - 1:20pm

Heleni Pedersoli:If it's a month than it will be April?

02/17/2010 - 1:20pm

Melanee Vicedo:So do we send it out to the association and Board at the same time?

02/17/2010 - 1:20pm

Locke Morrisey:Yes,

02/17/2010 - 1:20pm

Trevor A. Dawes:if, we we spoke about (and as Emily mentioned) we borrow some language from the Social Work folks, it shouldn't be too time consuming

02/17/2010 - 1:20pm

Heleni Pedersoli:I suppose that will be OK...

02/17/2010 - 1:21pm

Locke Morrisey:You're asking for comments, etc it could be done at the same time

02/17/2010 - 1:21pm

Melanee Vicedo:Trevor, yes that should help us.

02/17/2010 - 1:21pm

Locke Morrisey:You also need to consider whether getting it to Council is desirable by Annual or could it wait until Jan 2011

02/17/2010 - 1:21pm

Melanee Vicedo:Thanks Locke. I just didn't know how it all worked. So that makes it easier that we don't have to send it to the Board first then to the association.

02/17/2010 - 1:22pm

Locke Morrisey:Consider the Board as part of the association

02/17/2010 - 1:22pm

Heleni Pedersoli:all right, Locke...

02/17/2010 - 1:22pm

Melanee Vicedo:From my pov, I think we should keep running with this and try to get it to Annual.

02/17/2010 - 1:23pm

Emily Love:So what if you send out a call to divide up the guidelines and have people choose... with a deadline of like mid-april?

02/17/2010 - 1:23pm

Trevor A. Dawes:I think Council for this year is ambitious

02/17/2010 - 1:23pm

Emily Love:or early may

02/17/2010 - 1:23pm

Melanee Vicedo:Let's write and see what we have by early May?

02/17/2010 - 1:24pm

Heleni Pedersoli:Maybe end of April?

02/17/2010 - 1:24pm

Melanee Vicedo:Trevor, too ambitious? I'd like to get something out....but something substantial.

02/17/2010 - 1:25pm

Locke Morrisey:I think you all can get the work done it's getting all the discussions going and feedback from them etc that will take time

02/17/2010 - 1:25pm

Trevor A. Dawes:yes, because if we want the documents vetted by al of these groups, we would need to have this all done before Annual.

02/17/2010 - 1:25pm

Heleni Pedersoli:Which seems daunting to me...

02/17/2010 - 1:25pm

Trevor A. Dawes:it would also be good to send it in advance to Council so they can review the document before it comes to teh floor

02/17/2010 - 1:26pm

Melanee Vicedo:Good points everyone!

02/17/2010 - 1:26pm

Emily Love:isn't the point of the NDLC to be a first point of vetting?

02/17/2010 - 1:26pm

or am i wrong

02/17/2010 - 1:26pm

Trevor A. Dawes:so we can get all this work done, have teh reviews done at - or just after - Annual, send it to Council in the fall and hopefully have a Council vote in january

02/17/2010 - 1:27pm

there also - I forgot about NDLC (oops!)

02/17/2010 - 1:27pm

Melanee Vicedo:one of my main goals is to get us writing...so I like Trevor's timeline.

02/17/2010 - 1:27pm

Can we use NDLC as a kick off?

02/17/2010 - 1:28pm

Or is that not a good way to go?

02/17/2010 - 1:28pm

Emily Love:i like that

02/17/2010 - 1:28pm

Locke Morrisey:If you can have a forum format that would be useful

02/17/2010 - 1:28pm

@NDLC

02/17/2010 - 1:28pm

Trevor A. Dawes:we can work that out...

02/17/2010 - 1:29pm

Melanee Vicedo:we can certainly have the writing done by ndlc...and maybe send out to the association for comments on the same day?

02/17/2010 - 1:29pm

Locke Morrisey:Melanee you could but if NDLC is first and then association shortly thereafter that should be fine too

02/17/2010 - 1:29pm

Melanee Vicedo:hmmm....folks would need it before that to review for the ndlc

02/17/2010 - 1:30pm

that would be better locke.

02/17/2010 - 1:30pm

Ok...how does this sound to everyone:

02/17/2010 - 1:31pm

Locke Morrisey:If you get the draft ready a month or so before NDLC and then send it out to attendees that should get the ball rolling--at least virtually

02/17/2010 - 1:31pm

Melanee Vicedo:we'll start writing.

02/17/2010 - 1:31pm

Emily Love:and, the panel basically could serve as a forum so to speak

02/17/2010 - 1:31pm

maybe not

02/17/2010 - 1:31pm

Melanee Vicedo:Sounds good Locke.

02/17/2010 - 1:31pm

Emily, I think we can still talk about what we planned on but cut it short.

02/17/2010 - 1:32pm

It can still provide context to the guidelines.

02/17/2010 - 1:32pm

We'll just have to provide ample time for feedback.

02/17/2010 - 1:32pm

We'll start writing and have our deadline by mid-May....

02/17/2010 - 1:32pm

Locke Morrisey:Members WANT to be involved in the feedback process. You will have many passionate members re: guidelines at NDLC

02/17/2010 - 1:33pm

Melanee Vicedo:This gives the REDC time to review and change things before NDLC, which is in July 14-16

02/17/2010 - 1:33pm

Emily Love:so melanee - what if you sent out an email similar to the one you sent out in the fall?

02/17/2010 - 1:33pm

Melanee Vicedo:I agree Locke. I think we'll get plenty of comments, feedback.

02/17/2010 - 1:33pm

Emily Love:the one where people chose two guidelines to analyze

02/17/2010 - 1:34pm

but instead - choose two to write

02/17/2010 - 1:34pm

with x deadline

02/17/2010 - 1:34pm

Melanee Vicedo:Sounds good Emily.

02/17/2010 - 1:34pm

How does mid-May sound as a deadline?

02/17/2010 - 1:34pm

Trevor A. Dawes:procedural question for ocke: won't we want the ACRL board to accept the guidelines before we send to Council?

02/17/2010 - 1:35pm

for Locke (sorry)

02/17/2010 - 1:35pm

Locke Morrisey:It depends on what we're sending to Council

02/17/2010 - 1:35pm

Trevor A. Dawes:Ok - we can come back to that later then.

02/17/2010 - 1:35pm

Locke Morrisey:If it's someting more finalized then yes

02/17/2010 - 1:36pm

You could send to Board after NDLC and time for member feedback

02/17/2010 - 1:37pm

Melanee Vicedo:Good thinking Trevor. We don't want to step on anyone's toes.

02/17/2010 - 1:37pm

Locke Morrisey:I would not send it to Council unless it's in preparation for a vote at conference

02/17/2010 - 1:38pm

Melanee Vicedo:Are we on the same page with our next step, which is writing assignments for each REDC member?

02/17/2010 - 1:38pm

Emily Love:i am

02/17/2010 - 1:38pm

Heleni Pedersoli:Yes, sounds good.

02/17/2010 - 1:38pm

Melanee Vicedo:And I haven't been able to get in touch with the NASW people regarding usage of their guidelines.

02/17/2010 - 1:38pm

I will get on that!

02/17/2010 - 1:39pm

Emily Love:sounds great.

02/17/2010 - 1:39pm

Trevor A. Dawes:i can try as well - I have an aunt who is a member.

02/17/2010 - 1:39pm

Melanee Vicedo:We can still move forward with assignments though.

02/17/2010 - 1:39pm

Emily Love:how many are there of us?

02/17/2010 - 1:39pm

Melanee Vicedo:Thanks Trevor!

02/17/2010 - 1:39pm

Emily Love:that's awesome trevor:)

02/17/2010 - 1:39pm

Melanee Vicedo:there are 8 i believe...hold on.

02/17/2010 - 1:39pm

Trevor A. Dawes:hi Dee

02/17/2010 - 1:40pm

Melanee Vicedo:9

02/17/2010 - 1:40pm

Hi Dee

02/17/2010 - 1:40pm

Dee Holliday:sorry i'm late---short staff today

02/17/2010 - 1:40pm

Melanee Vicedo:9 including Michele

02/17/2010 - 1:40pm

glad you can make it Dee. We're still on the working paper.

02/17/2010 - 1:40pm

Dee Holliday:okay

02/17/2010 - 1:41pm

Melanee Vicedo:I'll send the call out for sign ups to write the different parts.

02/17/2010 - 1:41pm

Dee Holliday:did we decide whether we would send the working paper to the ethnic caucuses

02/17/2010 - 1:42pm

premature questions, we are assinging parts that need further work, right?

02/17/2010 - 1:42pm

Melanee Vicedo:Yes, they are on the list.

02/17/2010 - 1:42pm

Unless anyone has any objections to sending it out to the caucuses?

02/17/2010 - 1:42pm

Heleni Pedersoli:No objections here

02/17/2010 - 1:42pm

Melanee Vicedo:not a premature question =)

02/17/2010 - 1:43pm

Yes, Dee. The guidelines in particular.

02/17/2010 - 1:44pm

Are we ready to move on?

02/17/2010 - 1:44pm

Not too much left...

02/17/2010 - 1:44pm

Trevor A. Dawes:sure

02/17/2010 - 1:44pm

Emily Love:k

02/17/2010 - 1:44pm

Heleni Pedersoli:yep

02/17/2010 - 1:44pm

Melanee Vicedo:let's move on to Dee's email....

02/17/2010 - 1:45pm

Office of Diversity, as mentioned, will receive a copy of the guidelines so they can comment also.

02/17/2010 - 1:45pm

Ethnic Caucuses as well.

02/17/2010 - 1:45pm

And these emails will go out via Margot/ACRL

02/17/2010 - 1:45pm

Dee Holliday:sounds like a good plan

02/17/2010 - 1:46pm

Melanee Vicedo:Regarding the library schools, I think we decided against contacting the library schools for comment.

02/17/2010 - 1:46pm

Dee Holliday:yes, decided against the library schools

02/17/2010 - 1:46pm

Trevor A. Dawes:Yes, let's leave the LIS programs out and leave that for ALA - Council, COA and other groups to address

02/17/2010 - 1:47pm

Melanee Vicedo:And regarding the diversity info clearinghouse, this idea really needs to be fleshed out.

02/17/2010 - 1:47pm

I will take some time to think this through and how we can move forward with it.

02/17/2010 - 1:47pm

I agree Trevor and Dee.

02/17/2010 - 1:48pm

And I've been in touch with the diversity committee of the RBMS...

02/17/2010 - 1:48pm

Dee Holliday:Yes, i agree---needs to be fleshed out, but groups seem to be on board when the product is complete

02/17/2010 - 1:48pm

Trevor A. Dawes:if there's going to be a diversity info clearinghouse, shouldn't the COD take that task on?

02/17/2010 - 1:49pm

we can certainly contribute - as can other groups

02/17/2010 - 1:49pm

Melanee Vicedo:Yes, I think when this idea came about, the COD (in theory) would be the lead.

02/17/2010 - 1:49pm

And I think we all need more clarification on this since it's coming from REDC.

02/17/2010 - 1:50pm

Locke Morrisey:Ask COD early what they think of the idea and their willingness to take the lead.

02/17/2010 - 1:50pm

Melanee Vicedo:So I need to step back and look into this more.

02/17/2010 - 1:50pm

Sounds good Locke.

02/17/2010 - 1:50pm

Dee Holliday:Yes, it makes sense that COD would be the lead.

02/17/2010 - 1:51pm

Melanee Vicedo:I'll take the lead on it and contact COD.

02/17/2010 - 1:52pm

Re: RBMS....they wanted to have a liaison between our two groups...

02/17/2010 - 1:52pm

it seems like they are doing some great work...

02/17/2010 - 1:52pm

Heleni Pedersoli:Yes, RBMS always does great work.

02/17/2010 - 1:52pm

Melanee Vicedo:and their website is awesome! http://www.rbms.info/committees/diversity/index.shtml

02/17/2010 - 1:53pm

Trevor A. Dawes:I can reach out to their chair and invite them to send a liaison to our meetings.

02/17/2010 - 1:53pm

Melanee Vicedo:they also have a toolkit for discussing rbms careers in schools.

02/17/2010 - 1:53pm

Heleni Pedersoli:That will be great, Trevor.

02/17/2010 - 1:53pm

Melanee Vicedo:Sounds good Trevor.

02/17/2010 - 1:53pm

I've been emailing with the two diversity chairs and they are very open to it.

02/17/2010 - 1:53pm

Locke Morrisey:Even if the person is only virtual it would be fine.

02/17/2010 - 1:54pm

Dee Holliday:agreed.

02/17/2010 - 1:54pm

Melanee Vicedo:if anyone has a chance to look at the recruiting toolkit, it's good.

02/17/2010 - 1:54pm

Heleni Pedersoli:Virtual wouod be OK

02/17/2010 - 1:54pm

Melanee Vicedo:i agree on the virtual.

02/17/2010 - 1:54pm

wow, time flies!

02/17/2010 - 1:54pm

I'm done on my end. Anyone have business they'd like to discuss...

02/17/2010 - 1:54pm

floor is open...

02/17/2010 - 1:55pm

Trevor A. Dawes:nothing here

02/17/2010 - 1:55pm

Locke Morrisey:Thanks for letting me sit in!

02/17/2010 - 1:55pm

Melanee Vicedo:maria's not here to share sweet goodies. =)

02/17/2010 - 1:55pm

Dee Holliday:since i came in a bit late, are we moving foward the the guidelines and getting ready for the conference, and that's it.

02/17/2010 - 1:55pm

Melanee Vicedo:I'm glad you made it Locke!

02/17/2010 - 1:55pm

Dee, we will start writing the guidelines...

02/17/2010 - 1:56pm

i will send a call out to sign up for assignments..

02/17/2010 - 1:56pm

Trevor A. Dawes:Oh - another procedural point...

02/17/2010 - 1:56pm

Melanee Vicedo:and we will use the NDLC to start our reviewing process...basically our coming out party...

02/17/2010 - 1:56pm

Trevor A. Dawes:we got guidelines for announcing open meetings, so we'll need to be sure to advertise our next online meeting more widely - this is an open meeting

02/17/2010 - 1:56pm

Locke Morrisey:Thanks Trevor. That's a good point

02/17/2010 - 1:57pm

Melanee Vicedo:Yes!

02/17/2010 - 1:57pm

Thanks Trevor.

02/17/2010 - 1:57pm

What's the best way to advertise this?

02/17/2010 - 1:57pm

Trevor A. Dawes:good question; perhaps we'll have to check with Margot

02/17/2010 - 1:57pm

Melanee Vicedo:btw, i'll send out minutes to email and post on Connect.

02/17/2010 - 1:58pm

Ok, I'll check with her.

02/17/2010 - 1:58pm

Emily Love:ok - i have to run!

02/17/2010 - 1:58pm

Melanee Vicedo:she'll probably send it to the same groups we mentioned before.

02/17/2010 - 1:58pm

Emily Love:i'll wait for your email melanee

02/17/2010 - 1:58pm

Melanee Vicedo:Thank you everyone!!!

02/17/2010 - 1:58pm

Emily Love:bye!

02/17/2010 - 1:58pm

Melanee Vicedo:bye emily!

02/17/2010 - 1:58pm

Trevor A. Dawes:thanks, mel - and everyone

02/17/2010 - 1:58pm

Locke Morrisey:Yes, I'm at the Reference Desk myself in a minute. Later everyone

02/17/2010 - 1:58pm

Melanee Vicedo:Ok, I'm adjourning....

02/17/2010 - 1:58pm

Heleni Pedersoli:See ya, Emily!

02/17/2010 - 1:58pm

Melanee Vicedo:thanks all.

02/17/2010 - 1:58pm

Dee Holliday:bye guys

02/17/2010 - 1:58pm

Melanee Vicedo:anyone have questions, email me!

02/17/2010 - 1:58pm

Heleni Pedersoli:Thanks, Melanee, gd mtg!

02/17/2010 - 1:58pm

Melanee Vicedo:thanks Heleni

More...

Online Doc REDC February 17, 2010 meeting

by Melanee Vicedo (non-member) on Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 05:05 pm

ACRL Racial & Ethnic Diversity Committee
Meeting via ALA Connect chat - February 17, 2010, 1-2pm

Transcript of this meeting is available on ALA Connect via the REDC's page. Select the Chats link (right side) and this meeting (Feb. 17) is the last one.

Present: Trevor Dawes, Emily Love, Heleni Pedersoli, Dee Holliday, Locke Morrisey (ACRL Board Liaison), Melanee Vicedo
Not present: Charlene Maxey-Harris, Patrick Tomlinson, Scott Mandernack, Michele Saunders

ACRL Racial & Ethnic Diversity Committee
Meeting via ALA Connect chat - February 17, 2010, 1-2pm

Transcript of this meeting is available on ALA Connect via the REDC's page. Select the Chats link (right side) and this meeting (Feb. 17) is the last one.

Present: Trevor Dawes, Emily Love, Heleni Pedersoli, Dee Holliday, Locke Morrisey (ACRL Board Liaison), Melanee Vicedo
Not present: Charlene Maxey-Harris, Patrick Tomlinson, Scott Mandernack, Michele Saunders

Working paper and guidelines

  • At Midwinter, we discussed sending out the working paper draft to the association for comments.
  • During today's meeting, it was agreed that it would be more beneficial and efficient to start writing the actual guidelines and send out the working paper and guidelines at the same time for comments/feedback.
  • REDC will write until mid-May, internal discussion/revision until July, external feedback starts at NDLC and wider distribution in July.
  • Action: REDC will write guidelines; Melanee will send out email to members in order to divide guidelines.
  • Action: Trevor and Melanee will contact National Association of Social Workers (NASW) to ask about the possibility of using language from their Cultural Competency Guidelines document.
  • Action: Melanee will talk to Anne Christie, REDC's liaison to ACRL's Standards and Guidelines Committee, to share our plans and confirm that it falls in line with the proper procedures.

Suggested Guidelines Timeline
May 21: Draft guidelines due from REDC members
June 7: Due - Feedback/comments due from all REDC members
July 2: Due - Final draft of guidelines
July 14-16: National Diversity in Libraries Conference (REDC members will have program; guidelines will be introduced/distributed for comments)
July 19: Draft of guidelines sent out to wider association* via ACRL office for feedback and comments
[Note: ALA Annual - June 24-29]

LIS Programs and cultural competency guidelines

  • REDC will not include LIS programs on the list of groups for feedback.
  • We will let the Committee on Accreditation and Council address this issue.

RBMS Diversity group (http://www.rbms.info/committees/diversity/index.shtml)

  • After Trevor's suggestion at the Midwinter meeting, Melanee contacted the RBMS Diversity Committee chairs to foster a relationship between the two groups.
  • RBMS Diversity chairs suggested a liaison from their committee to ours (participation could be in-person or online).
  • Check out their Diversity Recruitment Toolkit.
  • Action: Trevor will talk to the RBMS chair about this liaison.

Diversity information clearinghouse

  • ALA Office of Diversity is open to the concept of having a online clearinghouse for diversity information (shared via Dee's meeting with AOD).
  • Locke suggested the Council on Diversity (COD) should be consulted and eventually be the coordinator for this resource.
  • Action: Melanee will flesh out this clearinghouse suggestion and send out to REDC for feedback/suggestions.
  • After a clear purpose and audience is identified, COD and Office of Diversity will be contacted

Advertising our meetings

  • We need to advertise our meeting to a wider audience since our committee meetings are open.
  • Action: Melanee will ask Margot Conahan (ACRL) which lists we should use to publicize our meetings (distribution list below may be a good place to start).

Open discussion

  • No topics were brought up by those present.

* Distribution list will include ALA's Office of Diversity, Ethnic Caucuses, ACRLeads (mailing list for all committee chairs/vice-chairs), ACRL Communities of Practice Assembly (list for chair/vice-chair of each ACRL sections and convener of each interest group)

More...

Event REDC Midwinter Meeting

by Melanee Vicedo (non-member) on Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 12:24 pm

Location: Westin Copley Place (COP), Room: North Star

Pages

To initiate, advise and mobilize support for appropriate action related to issues of diversity in academic librarianship including recruitment, advancement and retention of underrepresented groups to academic and research librarianship and the promotion of library and information services for diverse library users.

Subscribe to ACRL Diversity Committee (Association of College and Research Libraries)