GODORT Cataloging Committee (Government Documents Round Table) Committee
Please join the GODORT Cataloging Committee at its ALA Midwinter meeting in Atlanta on Sunday, Jan. 22, from 10:30 am -11:30 am at Westin Hotel, Ansley Room 4. Complete details can be found on the attached document.
Attending virtually – enter Adobe Connect -- http://ala.adobeconnect.com/godortcataloging/
We will be using “listen and chat” method for this virtual connection.
- Welcome and introduction
- Approval of Cataloging Committee Agenda
- Approval of Minutes from Annual 2016
- Brief GPO and Vendor Updates – question and answer period based on written reports
- GODORT Liaison Reports
- Old & New Business
- Discuss the four goals from our “Five-Year Goals” final report.
- GODORT Toolboxes: progress made
- Possibility of moving the Toolboxes to GODORT’s LibGuide platform.
- Discuss on how to forming a working group to work on the Toolboxs and best practices for cataloging government documents
- Updates on GODORT reorganization
- Future conference calls for the committee
- 2017-2018 committee (Chairs, members and length of meeting time)
Guests are welcome! Topics at the GODORT Cataloging Committee meeting in Boston include an update on the assignment to update mission/goals/tasks of the Cataloging committee for the next five years, an update on the Toolboxes on Processing and Cataloging Federal, International and State/Local documents on the GODORT wiki, and updates from GPO, vendors, and liaisons. Please send any questions to Ellen Caplan, GODORT Cataloging Committee chair, email@example.com
Saturday, Jan. 9, 2016