LLAMA LOMS Executive Committee (Library Organization and Management Section) Committee
LLAMA/Library Organization and Management Section Executive Committee
LLAMA Sections Executive Committee meeting
Las Vegas Convention Center Exhibit Hall, Room C
Changes to agenda
Review Minutes from Midwinter
Report on LLAMA Board
Revisit practice of the Past Chair of LOMS serve as Chair of LOMS Nomination Committee
Building connections between LOMS and other LLAMA Sections—especially the New Professionals Section
Suggestions for strategic planning process for LLAMA
Brainstorm ideas for how we should measure the “success” of the work performed by LOMS committees and discussion groups
LLAMA LOMS Executive Committee
2013 ALA Midwinter Meeting
10:30am -- 11:30am, Saturday, January 26, 2013, Seattle, WA
Present: G. Fitsimmons ( Ch.), A. Grosenheider (Vice-Ch.), Ben Walker (Member at Large), Roxanne Sellberg (Member at Large), K. Lucas ( Secty)
DRAFT MINUTES (There is only one set of minutes. I integrated the information minutes from the All Committee's Meeting because the topics were the same as this later meeting.)
1. ALA Connect: Be sure to opt in for Connect to send you email.
2. Connect: Post to online documents rather than attachments to email messages.
3. Committee Volunteer appointments: Mid/late February volunteers submit applications. April
make appointments. Effective after Annual Conference.
4. Reminder of LOMS Committees: Nominating, Organizational Theory and Planning (OTAP), Planning and Evaluating Library Services (PELS), Financial and Administrative Services (FAS?).
1. LLAMA Orientation-- Fitsimmons reported that he is working on supporting documents packet to accompany an orientation webinar that Kerry Ward , ALA Staff Liaison, is developing. March is the targeted timeframe for the webinar to be completed. Fall is the timeframe for conducting the webinar in preparation for the 2014 Midwinter Meeting.
2. Strategic Plan/Annual Operating Plan (AOP)-- AOP is mapped to ALA fiscal year, September --August. Is not mapped to appointment terms, July -- June. Requires much communication among all. To begin developing a LOMS' 2013 AOP Lucas will excerpt LOMS specific Key Strategies from each Strategic Theme from the strat plan creating a LOMS specific table.
ACTION: By February 15 She will post it to the LOMS Connect online documents. The LOMS Executive Committee will review it to see which LOMS' committees are appropriate to be assigned as responsible for each LOMS specific Key Strategy and develop tactics (most specific level). And what activities committees are already working on can be added, with tactics. Further action is to establish a timeline and transition plan this year, put it into practice, make adjustments and add what works to the orientation.
Respectfully submitted, Kari Lucas, LLAMA LOMS Executive Committee Secretary