RUSA Membership Committee (Reference and User Services Association) Committee
- ACTION: Take a look at the Virtual RUSA 101 script and slides and give feedback by 10/2 on the node: http://connect.ala.org/node/225789
- ACTION: Kate will ask LITA what format they use for their 201
- ACTION: Mary Popp and Greg will work with Leighann to get the computer, extra table, and figure out how to identify these people for RUSA Social
- ACTION: Mary will look into how we might work with the ALA Office of Student to Staff for opportunities to present as “Why ALA” not just “Why RUSA”
- ACTION: Greg volunteered to help Mary and Dave with the program and memberships
- ACTION: Provide Feedback by 9/19 on this node: http://connect.ala.org/node/228509
- ACTION: Micquel will work with Marianne on the Communication Plan: ANN will provide the introduction
Please fill out the Doodle Poll by 9/19 http://doodle.com/bna8xvgn2kr53nh2
And now I'm officially done spamming you, well maybe ;-)
My apologies on the lateness of the agenda. I came down with a nasty cold and have been struggling to get everything done!
Our meeting will be on Friday, September 5
We'll be using Adobe Connect and here's the log in information:
- Virtual RUSA 101: Joe would like to see these held every month, with an extra happening as we get closer to Midwinter and Annual. We'd like to get others involved, such as section chairs. They are currently set for the second Thursday of the month. Need: RUSA 101 Coordinator (booking Connect, getting people to lead the sessions, marketing)
- Virtual 201: The idea is that this would be part information for people already in RUSA, as well as an Open Forum for Questions. So, 30 minutes content/30 minutes questions. Personally, I'd like to see all of the RUSA Level Committees take one of these sessions on, such as Conference Programming to discuss how to set up a program, what they look for and best practices. Need: A RUSA 201 Coordinator (schedule, contacting possible speakers, marketing)
- Midwinter Social & Annual In-Person RUSA 101: We're in dire need of someone who is willing to work with vendors on securing funding. Liane Taylor has agreed to mentor someone in the art of the deal. We also need someone to work with Leighann Wood to make sure arrangements are set.
- RUSA Ambassadors Program (See Attachment): Dave and Mary have been working on this draft and are looking for feedback and next steps.
- RUSA Sponsored Memberships for Students: Need a small team to take on how to solicit applications. The hope is that every student will also be paired with a mentor, so that will be under the scope of this team as well.
- Communication Plan for our Activities: Who do we contact, when? Who does the contacting and in what venue? Do we work with the RUSA Office? It would help to have a step by step plan laid out of "Hey, you're holding a 101, where do you send the information?"
- New Business/Next Meeting
Wow, it's a lot to cover, but I'm hoping you can take time to look at your calendars and see if you'd be willing to step into any of these roles. I'm hoping by Midwinter that the majority of this will become second nature and easily done.
Talk to you all tomorrow!