ACRL LPSS Executive Committee (Law and Political Science Section) Committee
ACRL Law and Political Science Section
ALA Annual Conference, 2014
Saturday, June 28, 2014, 9:00 -10:30 am
Bally’s Palace 6
Welcome and Introductions
- Approval of the Minutes from the 2014 Midwinter Meeting
- Approval 2014 Annual Conference Agenda
- Annual conference forum: “Sharing water and information: Water policy in the Colorado River Basin” with Pat Mulroy at 1:00 pm in Bally’s Palace 3
- IFLA Social Science Libraries Committee: Paperwork submitted on May 20, 2014 for the 2016 nominations cycle (to serve 2017-2021).
- Guide to Data project update.
- Fundraising idea update.
- ACRL Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education update and next steps.
- Steven Bell’s 75th Anniversary Campaign
- Reaching out to new political science librarians.
New or additional business?
Preparing, Sharing, and Archiving: What Scholars in Political Science and Law Need to Know and How Librarians Can Help Them (ACRL LPSS)by ALAConnect Helpdesk (staff) on Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 01:25 pm
Scholarly communication is in flux. While new publishing models are appearing and ground breaking legislation and court cases signal far reaching changes to the dissemination of research, university faculty are grappling with questions about copyright, author’s rights, and open access. Join us for a discussion with a panel of influential and active professionals engaged in the work of scholarly communications. Discover what political science and law scholars at your university need to know and how librarians can help them navigate the various choices open to them.