ACRL Student Learning and Information Literacy Committee Committee
The ACRL Student Learning & Information Literacy Committee is currently seeking applications to serve a three-year term (June 2015 to July 2018) as the ACRL Liaison to the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative (ELI). The liaison is responsible for outreach, education, and communication between ACRL and ELI. The goal of the liaison relationship is twofold: (1) to demonstrate the value of libraries and librarians for advancing the mission of ELI and (2) to model effective partnerships between librarians and other teaching and learning professionals within the ELI community.
The ACRL Liaison to ELI is expected to communicate opportunities for ELI participation to relevant ACRL audiences and to assist ELI Staff in identifying content experts and innovative programs within the ACRL Community for possible inclusion in ELI publications and event opportunities. Additional opportunities for participation aligned with the liaison’s interests and areas of expertise may be identified in conversation with ELI Leadership. The liaison’s communication with ELI will be structured in the following ways:
- Quarterly phone meetings with ELI Leadership to exchange information on the organizations’ initiatives in order to discover collaboration possibilities or potential. Email communication between quarterly meetings for check-ins and exchange of timely information, etc.
- Quarterly communication with leadership of ACRL (ACRL Student Learning & Information Literacy Committee and others as appropriate).
- Communication with members of ELI staff and ACRL leadership, exchanging information about upcoming events and publications.
- Participate in the annual reporting facilitated by the ACRL Liaison Coordinating Committee.
- Current member of ACRL and affiliated with an ELI member institution.
- Experience with student learning initiatives in higher education, instructional technology, and leadership.
- Interest in collaborating with ELI leadership and membership to develop initiatives that model effective librarian/technologist collaborations in higher education and further the strategic goals of both ACRL and ELI.
- Experience with outreach and education efforts.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated interest or past participation in the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative.
- Record of service and leadership on ACRL committees and task forces.
- Experience with leadership, student learning, technology, assessment of value, and other strategic focus areas of ACRL and ELI.
- Financial support to attend ELI events for the length of the three-year term in the event that ACRL funding does not cover full costs.
Deadline for Applications
Applications are due April 1, 2015 by 5:00p.m. (EST).
Nominees must submit electronic copies of the following:
- A letter of application of no more than two pages articulating qualifications to Carrie Donovan, Chair, ACRL Student Learning & Information Literacy Committee 2014/2015 (email@example.com).
- A current vita.
Carrie Donovan, Chair, ACRL Student Learning & Information Literacy Committee 2014/2015 (firstname.lastname@example.org)