Syndicate content

ACRL IS Discussion Group Steering Committee (Instruction Section) Committee

In: ACRL IS (Instruction Section)
View:   Faces | List

Discussion 2016 Midwinter Virtual Discussion Forum - registration open!

by Nancy Fawley on Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 01:01 pm

There’s a new way of thinking in town: the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy in Higher Education. What does it mean for existing instruction programs? What can academic libraries do to align existing information literacy efforts to the new Framework? Join the conversation as the ACRL IS Discussion Group Steering Committee presents

There’s a new way of thinking in town: the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy in Higher Education. What does it mean for existing instruction programs? What can academic libraries do to align existing information literacy efforts to the new Framework? Join the conversation as the ACRL IS Discussion Group Steering Committee presents

Aligning to the Framework:  An Assessment of Practices
a virtual discussion led by Kenya Flash, Diversity Resident Librarian, and Kelly Tilton, Instruction Librarian, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
on Tuesday, January 26, from 3 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time.

Flash and Tilton will share some of the challenges, successes, and best practices they used to grow and improve their program amid the emergence of the Framework and the diminishing role of the older ACRL Standards? Hear their ideas and share your own.

Find out more about the session by reading the discussion digest.

Join the discussion and register now, as space is limited:
http://bit.ly/22b7ArC

More...

Discussion Virtual meeting agenda

by Nancy Fawley on Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 10:26 am

Attached is the agenda for the virtual meeting on 18 November at 1 pm EST.

Discussion Discussion Group Steering Committee - agenda

by Nancy Fawley on Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 02:48 pm

Attached is the agenda for upcoming phone meeting on 13 August at 1 pm.

Discussion ISDG Virtual Meeting, Sept. 19, 11am-Noon Eastern Time

by Veronica Arellano-Douglas on Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 10:09 am

The ACRL IS Discussion Group Steering Committee will meet virtually via Google Hangout on September 19 from 11am to Noon, Eastern Time.

The meeting agenda is attached.

Discussion Call for ACRL IS Current Issues Discussion Forum Proposals for the 2014 ALA Annual Conference in Las Vegas

by Veronica Arellano-Douglas on Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 10:45 am

 

The IS Current Issues Discussion Forum is an excellent opportunity for instruction librarians to explore and discuss topics related to library instruction and information  literacy. The steering committee welcomes proposals from individuals who are interested in convening this discussion in-person at the 2014 ALA Annual Conference.

 

The IS Current Issues Discussion Forum is an excellent opportunity for instruction librarians to explore and discuss topics related to library instruction and information  literacy. The steering committee welcomes proposals from individuals who are interested in convening this discussion in-person at the 2014 ALA Annual Conference.

 

If you would like to share your knowledge, help your peers learn from one another, and spark a lively conversation, apply to lead the IS Current Issues Discussion Forum today.

 

Application Deadline: March 14, 2014

To apply, complete the online submission form:https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/N5XQ7SN

For inspiration, view the digests of past discussions online:http://bit.ly/ZW8NR6

 

Questions? Contact Jennifer Knievel (jennifer.knievel@colorado.edu) or Veronica Arellano Douglas (varellano@gmail.com) ACRL IS Current Issues Discussion Group Steering Committee Co-chairs

More...

Discussion IS DGSC Planning meeting: Tuesday March 1st

by Kate Gronemyer on Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 12:24 pm

Apologies for the late notice. The IS Discussion Group Steering Committe will hold a meeting on March 1st at 10:30 PST to discuss proposed changes to the way the Current Issues Discussion Groups are organized at both the Midwinter and Annual meetings.

The meeting will be held via Adobe Connect and open to anyone with the URL:

http://oregonstate.adobeconnect.com/isdgscplanning/

Agenda:

Apologies for the late notice. The IS Discussion Group Steering Committe will hold a meeting on March 1st at 10:30 PST to discuss proposed changes to the way the Current Issues Discussion Groups are organized at both the Midwinter and Annual meetings.

The meeting will be held via Adobe Connect and open to anyone with the URL:

http://oregonstate.adobeconnect.com/isdgscplanning/

Agenda:

Discussion: Exec suggests that discussions at Annual conferences be developed via an open call for participation and discussions at Midwinter conferences be developed and run by the Steering committee, in collaboration with Exec and Advisory. Do we think this is doable? Do we think this is a good idea?

Brainstorm: other ways we can increase proposals?

Action: Decide if we want to accept the suggested procedure from exec or propose an alternate way to increase proposals.

 

Questions can be sent to kate.gronemyer@osucascades.edu, committee co-chair.

More...

To promote discussion of current instruction topics by coordinating a virtual discussion forum at the ALA Midwinter Meeting and an in-person discussion forum at the ALA Annual Conference. To that end, the committee will issue calls for, review, and select proposals for discussions; communicate decisions to all applicants; provide guidance and support to discussion conveners as needed; promote discussions via e-mail lists, social media, and the ACRL IS website; ensure that discussion digests are completed and shared for each discussion group; maintain documentation for selection of proposals and facilitation of discussions; and refine criteria for selection of proposals as needed. This committee does not propose any discussion groups of its own.

 

Subscribe to ACRL IS Discussion Group Steering Committee (Instruction Section)