Warning message

ALA Connect User logins are disabled for a temporary "gray-out" period, to prevent new posts while we upgrade into the New Connect. This gray-out period will begin on March 26th, and the new site will be launched on April 25th.

Users can use Search to view public content. Logins will be reinstated and users can create new posts, upload files, etc. post launch.

Thank you for your patience in cooperation. Check out training resources and schedule at:
http://www.ala.org/support/alaconnect

Or contact Julianna Kloeppel for training or Pam Akins with questions/concerns.
Go to:
Discussion
Online Doc
File
Poll
Event
Meeting Request
Suggestion
Joanna Kimmitt's picture

3 August 2017 Meeting Agenda & Notes

Meeting Agenda & Notes August 3, 2017

In attendance: Melody Condron, Jason Battles, Ranti Junus, Becky Y, Jackie Bronicki, Lindsay Cronk, Galen Charlton, Jason Griffey, Katherine Boden, Shawn Valliancourt

 

Housekeeping

  • Review minutes from last meeting, below (June 29). Any corrections?
  • As people are added to your subcommittee please add them to the committee member list (internal document to group)
  • If you need additional formal appointments please route them to Bohyun Kim (bohyun.kim.ois@gmail.com).
  • Communal minutes: please add your notes

Homework from Last Time:

  • Think about theme & add to the document (ongoing) (internal document)
  • RFP comments in by the end of July
  • Melody will send Doodle polls for next meeting (done)

 

Discussion on filling committee gaps

 

Documentation discussion

 

RFP Discussion

  • RFP from 2016 - Review (internal document)
  • RFP Needs/Concerns Document (internal document)
  • Comments will be submitted to Jenny and Mark so that they can write the RFP with their own language.

Roll Call for Sub-Committees

  • Accessibility - Ranti -
    • Please see documentation re. collaboration potential with other subcommittees (internal document)
  • Assessment - Jackie -
    • We are still getting the members together, plan to have in place by September to start looking at prior data from past conference and review the report.  Plan to coordinate with Mark B. as well.
  • Local Arrangement (not assigned yet)
  • Marketing & Web - Katherine -
    • Still filling in committee & thinking about save the dates
  • Programming - Jason -
    • We have a full committee assuming everyone confirms with me. Also have list of 10 or so interested members who want to be involved due to my lita-l email that I’ll share with Melody and see where else those members might be useful.
    • Will be emailing with Jenny asap (in the next couple of days) for RFP issues, mainly dealing with room count and layout requests
    • Will have feedback to this group re: rough program plan, ask for feedback asap.
  • Sponsorship - Galen -
    • In process of booting up committee; next steps will be:
      • Putting out a call for volunteers/appointments
      • Doing a scan of sponsorship prospectuses in peer conferences
      • Brainstorming swag and other ideas for creative sponsorship opportunities
      • Putting my vendor hat on, doing some quiet queries of some folks who have sponsored conferences regarding what they consider effective
    • Question: when has the prospectus traditionally been published during past Forums?
      • Answer: as soon as possible after the website is switched over
  • Streaming/Recording - Cody (cannot attend) -
    • Appointed Jennifer Brown to the committee
    • Investigating commercial recording/streaming services for benchmarking
    • Was on vacation a bunch, but will be on my grind 24/7 after next week  
  • Conference UX - Becky -
    • Most of our work will start once we have a location picked, so we are on a holding pattern.
    • Conversation with Melody + Jason B. about recruiting members from specific LITA groups. Awaiting updates from that effort.

New Homework:

  • Continue to work on the themes discussion document
  • Follow up with volunteers that talked with Jason Griffey & get them plugged in (Melody)
  • As you get new committee members please send them to Bohyun Kim for formal appointment.
  • Last minute thoughts on RFP should go to Melody asap

Other Business?