Go to:
Discussion
Online Doc
File
Poll
Event
Meeting Request
Suggestion
Sherry Machones's picture

2017 July Executive Board Meeting Agenda and Minutes

2017 July Executive Board Meeting Agenda and Minutes

 

Wednesday, July 19, 2017, 3:00 am EST

Dial-in info is as follows: 

Toll Free Number: 866-801-5789

Participant Passcode: 78965432

 

 

1. Call to Order

Item Facilitator: Jen Maguire-Wright

Minutes: Meeting began at 3:00 pm. Members attending: Jen Maguire-Wright, Deb Sica, Ana Elisa De Campos Salles, Liz DeCoster (arrived at 3:49 pm), Matt Ciszek, Megan Drake (left at 3:42 pm), Lisa Johnston, Sherry Machones, Ann Symons.

 

2. Approval of Agenda and Minutes

Action: Approve agenda for the July 2017 Executive Board meeting and approve minutes from the June 2017 Executive Board and June Membership meetings.

Item Facilitator: Deb Sica

 

Minutes: Megan Drake requested to move her portion to before the emerging leaders progress report. Sherry Machones requested that we discuss ALA Connect being down in August. Deb Sica moved to approve the amended agenda and minutes, Matt Ciszek seconded. Motion carried.

3. Secretary position

Action: Select a secretary to complete Paul’s term

Item Facilitator: Jen Maguire-Wright

 

Minutes: The Board went into a closed session to discuss the appointment of a Secretary to complete Paul Kelly’s term.

 

4. Board liaisons and RT representatives

Action: Discuss and appoint

Item Facilitator: Jen Maguire-Wright

 

Minutes: The Board confirmed committee liaisons. Jen Maguire-Wright will email existing representatives to see if changes are needed.

 

 

5. ODLOS EDI Strategic Direction Implementation Draft

Action: Information

Item Facilitator: Megan Drake

 

Minutes: Megan Drake is seeking feedback on the draft by July 31st. Please send feedback directly to her.

 

6. Emerging Leader Progress Report

Action: Information

Item Facilitator: Ana Elisa De Campos Salles

 

Minutes: Ana Elisa De Campos Salles sent in our sponsorship application to the Emerging Leader Program. She will send in our project proposal soon as they are requested. Three of the Board members met with the ALA Archivist at annual to discuss logistics of our project. It was recommended by the current Emerging Leader group that year two Emerging Leaders Project proposal needs to be more detailed. Lisa Johnston volunteered to be the Board contact for next year’s group.

 

7. GLBTRT Councilor Report

Action: Information

Item Facilitator: Ann K. Symons

 

Minutes: Ann Symons reported that very few things got done at Council this conference. More than two GLBTRT members elected to committees. The climate change resolution took the most time at Council because of procedure issues and was eventually adopted. The resolution on libraries as responsible spaces passed. There was a suggestion that we might want to add it to our toolkit. Council bid Keith Michael Fiels farewell. There were discussions at Council that business gets done at council forum instead of on the floor of Council.

 

8. Treasurer’s Report and Budget

Action: Update from the Treasurer

Item Facilitator: Liz DeCoster

 

Minutes: Liz DeCoster provided her monthly update on finances. The social earned $790. The Endowment is at $270,730. Membership and donations are very robust and ahead of where we were last year.

 

9. Announcements/Adjournment

Action: Information

Item Facilitator: Jen Maguire-Wright

 

Minutes: ALA connect outage for august starts on the 10th. We may need to post agenda and minutes to the listserv.

 

Meeting adjourned at 4:16 pm.