Go to:
Discussion
Online Doc
File
Poll
Event
Meeting Request
Suggestion
Paul Kelly (non-member)'s picture

2017 June Membership Meeting Agenda

2017 June Membership Meeting Agenda

ALA Annual Meeting

 

Saturday, June 24, 11:30 am CST

Palmer House, Honore Ballroom

Chicago, IL

 

 

1. Call to Order/Introductions

Action: None

Item Facilitator: Deb Sica

Vote: No

11:30 (5m)

 

2. Approval of Agenda

Action: Approve agenda for the June 2017 membership meeting. 

Item Facilitator: Deb Sica

Vote: No

Supporting Information: The Board will approve the agenda for the May 2017 membership meeting.

11:35 (5m)

 

3. Emerging Leader Progress Report

Action: Discussion

Item Facilitator: Ana Elisa De Campos Salles

Vote:No

Supporting Information: The Emerging Leaders class of 2017/18 will present  on their conference posters and update the Board and membership on their work.

 

11:40 (10m)

 

4. Golden Jubilee Timeline 

Action: Discussion

Item Facilitator: Deb Sica

Vote:No

Supporting Information: The Board will discuss the latest plans for celebration of the 50th anniversary of the GLBTRT.


11:45 (5m)

 

 

5. GLBTRT Social ALA Annual 2017

Action: Discussion

Item Facilitator: Deb Sica

Vote:No

Supporting Information: The Board will promote the 2017 Annual GLBTRT Social (6-8pm Sunday, June 25th; Columbia College Chicago Library, 624 S. Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL).

11:50 (5m)

 

6. Program Changes

Action: Discussion

Item Facilitator: Deb Sica

Vote:No

Supporting Information: The Board will discuss the latest changes to ALA’s conference program selection and planning process.


11:55 (5m)

 

 

7. Membership Committee Briefing
Action: Discussion
Item Facilitators: Membership Committee members (TBD)

Vote: No

Supporting Information: Members of GLBTRT’s Membership Promotion committee will be on hand to present their work to both the Board and GLBTRT membership.


12:00 (5m)

 

8. ALA Elections/Candidate Pools

Action: Discussion

Item Facilitator: Deb Sica

Vote: No

Supporting Information: The Board will reach out to the membership regarding running for ALA office.


12:05 (5m)

 

9. GLBTRT Name Change

Action: Information

Item Facilitator: Deb Sica/Peter Coyl

Vote: No

Supporting Information: The Board will present on the history of GLBTRT, and how the group’s name has evolved over time. The Board will then discuss its method in soliciting new name suggestions from the membership over the past two months. The Board will then facilitate discussion between membership and the Board regarding the relative merits of these suggestions.


12:10 (25m)

 

 

12. Adjournment 

Action: Information

Item Facilitator: Deb Sica

Vote: No

 

12:35 (end)

AttachmentSize
2017JuneMembershipMeetingAgenda.docx9.06 KB