Go to:
Discussion
Online Doc
File
Poll
Event
Meeting Request
Suggestion
Paul Kelly (non-member)'s picture

2017 June Executive Board Meeting Agenda

2017 June Executive Board Meeting Agenda

ALA Annual Meeting

 

Saturday, June 24, 8:30 am CST

Palmer House, Honore Ballroom

Chicago, IL

 

1. Call to Order

Action: None

Item Facilitator: Deb Sica

Vote: No

8:30 (5m)

 

2. Approval of Agenda and Minutes

Action: Approve agenda for the May 2017 Executive Board meeting. 

Item Facilitator: Deb Sica

Vote: No

Supporting Information: Approval of minutes from the May 2017 Executive Board meeting. (Link: http://connect.ala.org/node/267016)

8:35 (5m)

 

3. Treasurer’s Report and Budget

Action: Update from the Treasurer

Item Facilitator: Liz DeCoster

Vote:No

Supporting Information: Liz will provide her monthly update on the Round Table’s finances.

 

8:40 (10m)

 

4. Social Media Policy

Action: Discussion

Item Facilitator: Matt Ciszek

Vote:No

Supporting Information: The Board will discuss the latest updates/finalized version of the GLBTRT social media policy.


8:50 (10m)

 

 

5. June is GLBT Book Month

Action: Discussion

Item Facilitator: Ann Symons

Vote:No

Supporting Information: The Board will discuss formulating a yearly plan about what happens each month and who does what in preparation for June is GLBT Book Month.

 

9:00 (10m)

 

6. Open To All

Action: Discussion

Item Facilitator: Ann Symons

Vote:No

Supporting Information: The Board will discuss both the Welcome To All posters progress as well as potential Open To All toolkit edits.


9:10 (10m)

 

 

7. New Conference Planning
Action: Discussion
Item Facilitators: Ann Symons

Vote: No

Supporting Information: The Board will discuss the latest changes to ALA’s conference program selection and planning process.


9:20 (10m)

 

8. News Committee Charge

Action: Discussion

Item Facilitator: Ana Elisa De Campos Salles/David Isaak

Vote: No

Supporting Information: The Board will discuss updating the charge of the GLBTRT News Committee.


9:30 (10m)

 

9. Midwinter 2018 Social/Annual 2018 Social

Action: Information

Item Facilitator: Ann Symons/David Isaak

Vote: No

Supporting Information: The Board will begin preliminary discussions regarding the socials for both ALA conferences in 2018.


9:40 (10m)

 

10. Emerging Leader Progress Report

Action: Information

Item Facilitator: Ana Elisa De Campos Salles

Vote: No

Supporting Information: The Emerging Leaders class of 2017/18 will present  on their conference posters and update the Board on their work.

 

9:50 (10m)

 

11. Meeting Dates and Times for 2017/2018 

Action: Information

Item Facilitator: Deb Sica

Vote: No

Supporting Information: The Board will settle a schedule for teleconference meetings in 2017/18. 


10:00 (10m)

 

12. Announcements/Adjournment 

Action: Information

Item Facilitator: Deb Sica

Vote: No

 

10:10 (end)