Go to:
Discussion
Online Doc
File
Poll
Event
Meeting Request
Suggestion
Paul Kelly (non-member)'s picture

2017 May Executive Board Meeting Agenda

2017 May Executive Board Meeting Agenda

Teleconference

 

Wednesday, May 17th, 6:00 pm EST

Dial-in info is as follows: 

Toll Free Number: 866-801-5789

Participant Passcode: 78965432

 

1. Call to Order

Action: None

Item Facilitator: Deb Sica

Vote: No
6:
00 (5m)

 

2. Approval of Agenda and Minutes

Action: Approve agenda for the April 2017 Executive Board meeting. Approval of minutes from the May 2017 Executive Board meeting. (Link: http://connect.ala.org/node/266454

Item Facilitator: Deb Sica

Vote:No
6:05 (5m)

 

3. Treasurer’s Report and Budget

Action: Update from the Treasurer

Item Facilitator: Liz DeCoster

Vote:No

Supporting Information: Liz will provide her monthly update on the Round Table’s finances.

6:10 (5m)

 

4. Executive Board Meeting Agenda for Annual

Action: Discussion

Item Facilitator: Deb Sica

Vote:No

Supporting Information: The Board will discuss the agenda for the GLBTRT Executive Board meeting at ALA Annual 2017.


6:20 (10m)

 

5. Membership Meeting Agenda for Annual including facilitating a name change discussion

Action: Discussion

Item Facilitator: Deb Sica

Vote:No

Supporting Information: The Board will discuss the agenda for the GLBTRT Membership meeting at ALA Annual 2017. This will include the introduction of the proposed GLBTRT name change to the membership.
6:25 (10m)

 

6. Social Logistics Confirmation for Annual

Action: Discussion

Item Facilitator: Deb Sica/Sherry Machones/Matt Ciszek

Vote:No

Supporting Information: The Board will discuss logistics for the GLBTRT social at ALA Annual 2017.


6:35 (10m)

 

7. Google Drive - Update and Next Steps
Action: Discussion
Item Facilitators: Deb Sica/David Isaak

Vote: No

Supporting Information: The Board will hear updates about the Google Drive GLBTRT website project.

6:45 (10m)

 

 

8. Changing Conference Program Process

Action: Discussion

Item Facilitator: Deb Sica

Vote: No

Supporting Information: The Board will discuss its current conference program approval process, and hear potential changes to that process.

 

6:55 (10m)

 

 

9. Additional Film Program Added to Annual

Action: Information

Item Facilitator: Peter Coyl/Deb Sica

Vote: No

Supporting Information: The Board will hear details about the recently added film program for ALA Annual 2017.

7:05 (5m)

 

10. Adjournment

Action: Information

Item Facilitator: Deb Sica

Vote: No

7:10 (end)

Elizabeth DeCoster's picture

Hi team, I'm sorry to have missed the call last night. I can only plead finals brain, which somehow swapped conference call and book club nights! My report is that we don't have the final April reports yet, but I can report on temporary numbers. These numbers are subject to a little wiggle room until I get that final report.

For the operating budget, our revenue was $2,296, including $1,263 in dues (again ahead of budget), $141 in sales (seals), and $892 in donations. Expenses totaled $181 in bank fees and overhead for a net revenue total of $2,115.

For the endowment, we received $100 in donations and $361 in interest and paid $141 in bank fees, bringing us to an ending net asset balance of $271,758.

Sorry, again, for missing out on last night.