Agenda, RUSA Executive Committee, 3-28-17
RUSA Executive Committee Agenda
March 28, 2017, Tuesday
1pm PT / 2pm MT/ 3pm CT / 4pm ET
1. Agenda Changes/Approval, Announcements – MCMANUS
2. Approval of executive committee minutes, February 24, 2017
3. President’s Update – MCMANUS
4. Vice-President’s Update – LE BEAU
5. Executive Director Report
6. New Business:
a. Awards discussion & debrief on Awards phone call
- Recommend to RUSA Board that we discontinue the Achievement Awards Ceremony at ALA Annual effective FY2018. We will work with the RUSA Board, ACC, and RUSA staff to develop alternative ways of recognizing members. Ask Board to vote on this on April 6.
- Rescind O&P recommendation to have a volunteer Awards coordinator and sunset ACC. Chris & Alesia propose that ACC continue for one more year and plan review and possibly sunset the committee after Annual 2018. One of the activities that committee could work on is an audit of all RUSA and Section awards. Leighann would also like to get all award committee manuals handed in, revised and updated.
b. Discussion of draft Professional Competencies for Reference and User Services Librarians
c. Discussion of RUSA Division Level Restructuring Recommendations
- Discussion of recommendation #6. O&P would like to sunset after ALA Annual 2017.
- To help with the reorganization transition and provide continuity, RUSA will establish an Restructuring Implementation Task Force comprised mostly of members of the former O&P committee.
7. Plan agenda for RUSA Board meeting on April 6, 2017
8. Agenda items for next Executive Committee meeting
9. Next meeting: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 1pm PT / 2pm MT/ 3pm CT / 4pm ET