Call for Chapters - Analysis and Assessment in Technical Services
Call for Chapters – Analysis and Assessment in Technical Services
Proposals sought for single authors or contributors for new monograph covering different aspects of analysis and assessment across technical services.
Proposal submission deadline: March 17, 2017
ALCTS Monographs is seeking proposals from single authors or contributors for a new monograph covering different aspects of analysis and assessment across technical services, from beginning to end. The purpose of the monograph will be on how to incorporate assessment and analysis work into a library’s existing workflow.
Intended Audience: Technical services managers, administrators, and deans, anyone interested in learning more about employing assessment in their work.
Each chapter will be ~20-25 pages (~10,000 words), covering the necessary components for conducting successful analysis and assessment projects on an identified topic. Chapter topics may include:
- Assessment of Technical Services – analysis of current practices/workflows/staff
- Acquisitions assessment
- Continuing Resource/serial review/vendor assessment
- Assessment of cataloging/metadata – output and workflows
- Collection assessment
- Preservation assessment
- Future of Tech Services – trends and future initiatives
Each chapter may include the following information:
- Types of assessment/analysis
- Questions to Ask/What to consider
- What to assess – staff, skills, workload, workflow of process
- Managing the analysis and assessment project
- Communicating the assessment results/data visualization (examples)
- Lessons learned
- Helpful resources
- Case studies (could include workflow, staff & staff qualifications, budget)
- One page information sheet-checklist
For chapter author(s), please provide:
- A brief abstract and outline of contents identified above
-Brief biographical statement including your experience relevant to the proposed chapter
Please submit proposals by March 17, 2017 to email@example.com.