Syndicate content

ACRL Libraries Transform Task Force Committee

In: Academic Libraries, Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL), Marketing
View:   Faces | List

Discussion Next meeting

by Cinthya Ippoliti-OK on Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 04:22 pm

Name: ACRL TF Libraries Transform Committee Meeting-Nov 22

Start Time:          11/22/2016 10:00AM CST

Duration:             01:00 hour

URL:       http://ala.adobeconnect.com/r7jlgeja84c/

Access: Anyone who has the URL for the meeting can enter the room

We will discuss the results of our questionnaire (please see attachment) and come up with an action plan for drafting a recommendations report based on the results.


Discussion ACRL Libraries Transform Meeting

by Cinthya Ippoliti-OK on Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 09:26 am

The next meeting of the ACRL Libraries Transform Taskforce is on October 6th at 2pm CDT. Meeting details are as follows:

Name:  ACRL TF Libraries Transform Committee Meeting

Date and time: Thursday, October 6, 2016  2:00pm CST

Duration: 1:00 hour        

URL: https://acrl.webex.com/acrl/onstage/g.php?MTID=ecb8fee727193302ce12b9408e362c717

The next meeting of the ACRL Libraries Transform Taskforce is on October 6th at 2pm CDT. Meeting details are as follows:

Name:  ACRL TF Libraries Transform Committee Meeting

Date and time: Thursday, October 6, 2016  2:00pm CST

Duration: 1:00 hour        

URL: https://acrl.webex.com/acrl/onstage/g.php?MTID=ecb8fee727193302ce12b9408e362c717


Meeting agenda:

1. Recap of meeting with ALA Public Awareness Office Director, Jeff Julian. We should be able to have more details after the survey is completed:

We should be thinking more about the issues academic libraries are facing and start there. He also suggested we think about these statements as conversation starters so if we can provide more information for a particular theme or idea, that would be more helpful than crafting a perfect statement. He said they have a three-level approach:

  • Because statement-brief and catchy (something he can develop)
  • Punchline with more explanation
  • More in-depth details and data

2. Finalize needs assessment survey questions:https://docs.google.com/document/d/14eQhjZ-vn0UmMzU1e1OmeFaaGBEFgCAMZtzsA4ec2aU/edit?usp=sharing

3. Set deadlines for deploying and completion

 

More...

Event ACRL Libraries Transform Task Force Virtual Meeting

by Allison Payne-IL (staff) on Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 02:11 pm

Meeting Name: ACRL Libraries Transform Task Force

Start Time: 09/12/2016 3:30PM CST

Duration: 01:00 hour

URL:       http://ala.adobeconnect.com/r3kdyiy3s1w/

Access: Anyone who has the URL for the meeting can enter the room

Discussion July 28th meeting notes

by Cinthya Ippoliti-OK on Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 02:18 pm

Hi everyone,

Please find attached our meeting notes and next steps. Thank you,

Cinthya

Discussion July 28th meeting agenda

by Cinthya Ippoliti-OK on Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 03:16 pm

Hello everyone,

Please find attached our meeting agenda and link for July 28th at 2pm CDT along with the committee report template. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!

Cinthya

Discussion Progress report for ACRL

by Cinthya Ippoliti-OK on Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 10:55 am

Hi everyone,

The progress report is due today so I went ahead and summarized what we've been discussing so far. If you get a chance, please let me know if we need to make any changes and I will send along.

Thanks!

Cinthya

Discussion Notes and questions from our May 31st meeting

by Cinthya Ippoliti-OK on Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 04:40 pm

Hi everyone,

Here are my notes from our meeting yesterday-I think we made great progress! I've created separate Google Docs for all of the items we discussed and shared them all. I do have some questions that came up as I was writing everything down however:

1. Should we send out a message soliciting interested participants for our focus group to various listservs? If so by when-probably asap? And are there other avenues of marketing for this?

Hi everyone,

Here are my notes from our meeting yesterday-I think we made great progress! I've created separate Google Docs for all of the items we discussed and shared them all. I do have some questions that came up as I was writing everything down however:

1. Should we send out a message soliciting interested participants for our focus group to various listservs? If so by when-probably asap? And are there other avenues of marketing for this?

2. Do we want to solicit feedback about the "Because" statements in paper format at the ACRL booth or virtually or both? I have a side note in the meeting notes that perhaps we could use Qualtrics to do this virtually, but I wasn't sure about in-person.

2. We have a lot of deadlines coming up and some of them are concurrent given our final deadlines of having the lit review and survey ready by August 1st. I wanted to double check if they will work for you-here they are:

  • Focus group questions due by June 23rd (start of ALA)
  • Lit review mini deadlines are July 5th and July 22nd
  • Survey questions mini deadlines are July 11th and July 29th
  • Committee workplan mini deadlines are July 15th and August 2nd

These same documents and deadlines are listed in the attached notes as well. Please let me know if we need to make any other changes or have questions. Thanks!

Cinthya

More...

Discussion Meeting Agenda for May 31st

by Cinthya Ippoliti-OK on Fri, May 20, 2016 at 09:43 am

Hi everyone,

Here is our meeting agenda for May 31st at 11am CDT. I am including the Adobe Connect link in the document.

If you haven't had a chance to do so, please take a look at the Google doc I created and add your ideas for the Because statements, programming, as well as think about which section of the ACRL website you would be interested in updating.

Please let me know if you have any questions and see you on the 31st. Have a great weekend and holiday!

Cinthya

Discussion Checking in

by Cinthya Ippoliti-OK on Thu, May 5, 2016 at 09:15 pm

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to check in to make sure everyone could access the Google Doc and see if you had any questions.

Our next meeting is at the end of this month, so please feel free to start sharing your ideas for the various categories included. We also need to decide who will work on what sections of the ACRL website.

Thanks!

Cinthya

Discussion April 26th meeting notes and action items

by Cinthya Ippoliti-OK on Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 11:29 am

Hello everyone,

Thank you for a great meeting this week. I've shared our Google Doc with all of you, so you should be able to make edits. Please let me know if that's not the case. I went ahead and created one big document to house all of the components we'll be working on.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for a great meeting this week. I've shared our Google Doc with all of you, so you should be able to make edits. Please let me know if that's not the case. I went ahead and created one big document to house all of the components we'll be working on.

I'm also attaching the notes that I took from our meeting including our next meeting date and time. I heard back from ACRL, and they think our goals for the "Because" statements and the report are fine. They also want to make sure we represent a wide variety of libraries in our statements, but beyond that, we can create as many of them as we like.

I also tried to start coming up with interim deadlines for our broader goals and we will need to decide how to split up the website sections so that we can make suggestions. If anyone is interested in looking at a particular section, please let me know. Ideally, it would be great to have two people per section and I'm happy to fill in for any section that's needed.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the minutes or anything else, or if we need to make any changes to our workflows. Thanks, and have a great weekend!

More...

Pages

Connect group for the ACRL Libraries Transform Task Force.

Subscribe to ACRL Libraries Transform Task Force