Minutes from HoLT IG at ALA Annual 2014
Heads of Library Technology (HoLT) Interest Group
ALA Annual Meeting 2013
Sunday, June 29th, 2014
1:00 pm to 2:30 pm
Chair: Meg Brown-Sica (outgoing), Vice-Chair/Incoming Chair: Hong Ma, Incoming Vice-Chair Robert Nunez
1. Announcements regarding events of interest at ALA Annual.
3. Introductions of attendees.
4. Discussion about ideas for future meetings/programs from the IG.
5. Presentations and followup questions/discussion, etc.
The Impact on Online Scholarly Journal Usage Data of Publisher Websites
Presenter: Chan Li, Sr. Data Analyst, California Digital Library
- Adding copyright/license information to different library systems
Presenter: Jenny Jing, Information Systems Librarian, Queen’s University Library
CrowdAsk: A Crowsourced Library Help System
Presenters: Ilana R. Stonebraker, Business Information Specialist and Assistant Professor of Library Science, Purdue University
- Other discussions (suggestions for HoLT IG)
HoLT IG will look for opportunities for online webinars for topics like digital preservation, linked data etc.