Annual 2014 Liaison Reports
We should have liaison reports. Here's a topic thread for them, so we can have one link to all of them from the prework doc.
Education committee report
Since Midwinter, the committee has:
- Run one web course (GIS), three webinars (strategic social media, linked data, gamification), and two Midwinter workshops (strategic social media, web development & management)
- Scheduled an additional web course for July (SEO) - please advertise to your friends & networks!
- Gotten approximately 2 web courses and 5 webinars in the pipeline with topics and interested speakers - stay tuned!
- Completed a review of the educational offerings of other divisions to identify opportunities for LITA (report pending)
- Worked with Assessment to develop a survey of our members' educational needs (in process_
- Begun to pursue several partnership opportunities with outside organizations
I'd like to thank outgoing commitee members Toni Nolen (chair), Danilo Baylen, Ginny Boyer, Cheryl Cuillier, Heather Dalal, Margaret Heller, Shaun Jackson, Brian Rossman, and Edward Sanchez for their service. I'd also like to welcome our new committee members (exact list TBA) and congratulate our new leadership. Abigail Goben will be stepping up from vice-chair to chair, and Mike Kastellec will be our new vice chair.