2014-2015 Board Liaison Assignments
I promised to start this discussion before Annual so that new liaisons could potentially meet with their committees at Annual. Most committees meet during Saturday morning's 10:30 - 12:00 Joint committees slot; all meetings are in the scheduler.
Our current list is below. I've removed outgoing board members Zoe Stewart-Marshall, John Blyberg, David Lee King, and Lauren Pressley. I also removed Rachel from Program Planning and Tech & Access, as the President traditionally has not liaised with a committee other than the relevant Forum planning committee. We don't have to continue that tradition, but I'm sure Rachel would appreciate it.
- Assessment & Research - Cody Hanson
- Awards & Scholarships - Mary Taylor
- Education - Andromeda Yelton
- 2014 Forum - Cindi Blyberg
- 2015 Forum - Rachel Vacek
- Publications - Thomas Dowling
- International Relations -
- Membership Development - Jenny Reiswig
- Technology & Access - Aimee Fifarek
- Top Technology Trends - Bohyun Kim
- Program Planning - Ranti Junus
- Web Coordinating - Jenny Emanuel Taylor
- IG & Committee Chair Coordinators - Rachel Vacek
- ALA Council - Aaron Dobbs
- Bylaws & Organization - Jason Griffey (chair)
- Financial Advisory - Zoe Stewart-Marshall (chair)
Incoming members, please take a look at the list of our Standing Committees and their charges, and think about which committee you'd like to liaise with. Thomas, you'll already have a heavy load, so volunteer with caution. :) Andromeda, Jenny, & Cody--are you happy with your assignments? Everyone: edit the doc and add your name as you like. Rock, paper, scissors, Spock to settle arguments.
- We need to decide how to handle Awards committees--we've variously had a single liaison for all awards or had the Executive Director liaise directly with them.
- We need to have a discussion about the future of International Relations and Technology & Access.
- We may need to add FAC to this list.