How to send a meeting request to your group
Meeting requests are like Doodle polls that let you figure out the best time for everyone in your group to meet. Connect meeting requests also have the added feature of letting you automatically create a Connect calendar event based on the times of your poll. And as always, email notifications are automatic so you don't have to go through the separate steps of emailing everyone a link to the form or the event.
Here's a walkthrough of the process.
- Creating a meeting request is just like creating any other type of content in Connect. Log in to the site, go to your group's home page, click on the plus sign in the toolbar, and select "Meeting Request" from the menu.
- Fill in the title of your request, and include any explanation in the "body" section. This can include anything from an explanation of why you're calling this meeting to a note about why you chose the dates you did.
- In the "Add List of Dates and Times" section, click in the date box to display a calendar and select the first day for your poll.
- In the "Time 1" box to the right, enter the first time for that day. To add another time slot to the same day, use the "Add a time slot" button.
- To start a new line of times on a new date, use the "Add a day" button. You can include as many dates and as many times as you'd like.
- Don't forget to set a time zone for your meeting.
- Note that if you make this meeting request "public," it will be viewable by anyone, including people outside of your group. However, only group members will be able to fill out the form.
- Once everything is ready, click on the "Submit" button at the bottom of the screen. This will automatically send an email to everyone in the group who has notifications turned on that there is a new meeting request they should go fill out.
- As group members start providing their dates of availability, you'll see green checkmarks and red "X"es to help you quickly determine which date is best.
- Once you know the best option, you can click on the plus sign for that time to automatically create a new calendar event with the title, date, and time pre-populated for you.
- Once you finish filling out the calendar event form and submit it, an email will automatically go out to the group noting the date and time of the event.
Some other information about meeting requests:
- The icon for meeting requests is the calendar event icon with a question mark on it.
- They appear on your group's home page in reverse chronological order, just like everything else.
- To view past meeting requests, click on the Events icon on your group's home page toolbar, and select "View recent meeting requests."
- You can comment on a meeting request, and it will be emailed to the group, the same as comments on other types of content.
- Although the default assumption is that your meeting will last one hour, you can set half hour times in the poll request, and you can set any end time in the calendar event, so your meeting can be as short or as long as you want it to be.
Don't see your question answered here? Leave a comment or use the Contact Us form.