ALA 2014 Annual Meeting Agenda
by Minglu Wang on Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 11:33 am
Numeric and Geospatial Data Services in Academic Libraries Interest Group (ACRL) ALA 2014 Annual Meeting Agenda
Saturday, June 28, 2014, 4:30pm - 5:30pm
BALLY-Palace 3 (Bally’s Las Vegas).
- Regina Raboin, Science Research & Instruction Librarian from Tisch Library of Tufts University, will share with us about 1) why/how Tisch Library launched DM services, 2) what the library has done to market them and grow them, and 3) what the library’s plans are for the future to sustain these services well. After Regina’s brief presentation, we will open up for our members’ discussion around DM marketing topic.
- Chad Kahl from LPSS will join us and introduce the project of possible resurrection of Grace York’s Statistical Resources on the Web Guide.
- Review draft for “ACRL Plan for Excellence Implementation Reports”.
- Updates on research data related conferences/events from members.
- Whether to propose a program for ALA 2015 Annual, if so, on what topic and who are the potential speakers?
- Introduce coming conveners for year 2014-2015 and 2015-2016, and elect a new one for 2016-2017.