EBSS Activities at 2014 ALA Annual meeting
Hi EBSSers, and apologies in advance for duplication and a long email!
Amazingly, we're only a little over a month away. I wanted to send out some information about EBSS activities at the conference, so folks can start putting together their schedules.
First, as usual, the majority of our committees meet at our consolidated meeting on Saturday morning. Here is a basic outline for that meeting:
- All-Committees Meeting.
Sat June 28, 08:30 to 11:30am: LVH-Pavilion 11
This meeting is broken down as follows, unless your committee arranges differently:
- 8:30-9:00: New leaders Orientation (for folks who will be new committee chairs for 2014-2015)
- 9:00-9:15: Break and breakfast - EBSS will have light breakfast snacks (but bring your own coffee!)
- 9:15-10:45: Welcome and then committee meetings
- 10:45-11:15: Reporting out and wrap up
A few committees meet outside of the consolidated meeting. (If you don't see your Committee listed below, that means you are at the consolidated meeting above):
- Education Research Libraries Forum.
Friday June 27, 02:30 to 04:00 pm: BALLY-Bronze 1
- Curriculum Materials Committee.
Sunday June 29, 08:30 to 10:00 am: LVCC-N230
- Social Work/Social Welfare Committee Meeting.
Sunday June 29, 08:30 to 10:00 am: LVCC-N238
- Conference Program Planning - San Francisco 2015 Committee Meeting.
Sunday June 29, 10:30 to 11:30 am: LVCC-N223
And two EBSS committee meetings for the Executive committee and the Advisory Committee (Exec+current chairs of the EBSS Committees):
- Advisory Council.
Sunday June 29, 03:00 to 04:00 pm: BALLY-Palace 1
- Executive Committee Meeting.
Monday June 30, 08:30 to 10:00 am: LVCC-N221
EVENTS and PROGRAMS
Tthere are lots of great events and programs sponsored by EBSS:
- EBSS Social at The Pub at Monte Carlo
Friday, June 27 from 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm.
- EBSS Program:"Supporting Community Transformation: Becoming a Community-Engaged Academic Library."
Saturday June 28, 01:00 to 02:30 pm: LVCC-S229
- Research Committee Poster Forum.
Saturday June 28, 03:00 to 04:00 pm: LVCC-S220
- ERIC Presentation.
Sunday June 29, 01:00 to 02:30 pm: PARIS-Burgundy
EBSS MEMBERS' PRESENTATIONS, PROGRAMS, ETC.
A sampling of great presentations from our incredibly active community.
- Samantha Godbey invites EBSS members to:
“UNLV Libraries Transformed: Open House”
Friday, June 27, 7:30 am to 7:00 pm
Register at http://guides.library.unlv.edu/content.php?pid=566570&sid=4717893
- Jennifer Fabbi/Lesley Farmer will present on:
“Common Core State Standards and General Education: Information Literacy Connects the Dots”
Saturday, June 28, 1:00 to 2:30 pm: LVCC-N253
- Mona Anne Niedbala will give a poster entitled:
''Tailor it to their needs and they will come: Designing information literacy instruction for large class settings''
Saturday, June 28, 2:30 to 4:00 pm: LVCC, Exhibit Hall, Table 4
- Rachel Wadham will give a poster entitled:
"So You Think You are Information Literate?: Assessing Pre-Service Teachers Information Literacy Skills"
Saturday, June 28, 2:30 to 4:00 pm: LVCC, Exhibit Hall, Table 17
- Lesley Farmer will give an poster for WGSS on:
“Technology Impact on New Adult Behavior about Health Information: Focus on Gender Issues"
Saturday, 6/28 at 4:00 to 5:00 pm: LVCC-N115
- Joyce Garczynski will present on:
“Are You Taking a Gamble on Your Academic Library Career by Having a Baby (or Two)?” a session that explores what the research says about the impact of having children on an individual’s academic library career.
Monday, June 30, 10:30 to 11:30 am: LVCC-N258
- Anne Driscoll, Cynthia Crosser, Karen Downing, Qunying Li, Robyn Reid will present an Ignite Monday session on:
Monday, June 30, from 11:30 am to 12:00 noon: LVCC-N239/241
Hope to see you at these great sessions!
Social Sciences Collections Coordinator
Librarian for Education and Linguistics
Collections and Research Services
Bobst Library, New York University