ANMIG June Chat: Navigating ALA Annual
Monday, June 16, 2014
2:00 pm to 3:00 pm, US/Eastern
Annual is almost here! Are you overwhelmed by all the sessions, events, and exhibits? Wondering how to prioritize your schedule and get around such a big place? This chat will cover tips and tricks for navigating the nation’s biggest library conference like a pro. Topics for discussion include but aren’t limited to choosing sessions, hitting the exhibits, transportation, and how to avoid conference burnout. The chat is open to ALA members of all types, so please come with your questions! Autumn Faulkner, ALCTS New Member Interest Group (ANMIG) interim web coordinator and Emily Sanford, ANMIG co-chair, will be your hosts on Monday, June 16, 2-3 p.m. EST.
To participate, (1) login with ALA Connect and (2) make sure you're an ANMIG member (see below). Then click here to join: http://connect.ala.org/node/224210. The chat may be viewed by ALA members of all types.
1. If you need to join ALA Connect:
- Log in to the ALA website with your ALA credentials.
- Update your profile and select the option to include yourself in Connect.
- Once you've saved this new preference, you should be able to log in to Connect using your ALA member information.
2. If you need to join ANMIG:
- Go to http://connect.ala.org/node/85257
- Click the "Join" box under the search box in the left hand menu
Now you're ready to join the chat! http://connect.ala.org/node/224210