Creative Ideas in Technical Services
3:00 pm to 4:00 pm, US/Pacific
Join us for round table discussions with your colleagues to share creative ideas in Technical Services. Topics include:
1. Libraries implementing patron driven acquisitions programs experience many operational challenges. This round table discussion will focus on how libraries are addressing metadata, budgeting, workflow, and other issues arising from this complex service. Table moderated by Kelly Smith from Eastern Kentucky University Libraries.
2. The potential of digital objects and collections to open alternative paths for Technical Services librarians and present new avenues for us to re-assert our relevancy in the digital age. Table moderated by Rachel Jaffe and Stephanie Hess from Binghamton University Libraries.
3. Taking cataloging skills outside the Cataloging Department. This round table discussion will focus on how the skills of catalogers and other traditional technical services units can be applied to other areas of the library. Table moderated by Marcy Strong of River Campus Libraries, University of Rochester.
4. Cross-departmental strategies for eliminating backlogs. This round table discussion will focus on implementing cross-departmental teams and innovative ways for tackling backlogs. Table moderated by Brad Cole and Liz Woolcott from Utah State University.
5. How do you juggle creative ideas, the skills needed to sustain and successfully launch these ideas, and possible fears about how these ideas will entail change? Table moderated by Jennifer Eustis from the University of Connecticut.