Data Interest Group Meeting @ 2014 ALA Annual
Dear DIG Colleagues,
Our Interest Group’s meeting during ALA Annual has been scheduled to be on Saturday, June 28, 2014, 4:30pm - 5:30pm, at BALLY-Palace 3 (Bally’s Las Vegas).
Based on our members’ requests and suggestions from previous meetings/gatherings, I am very happy to announce that we will have a speaker to inspire our discussion on topic of “Marketing Data Management Services” at this meeting.
Evan Simpson, Head of Research and Instruction from Tisch Library of Tufts University, will share with us about 1) why/how Tisch Library launched DM services, 2) what the library has done to market them and grow them, and 3) what the library’s plans are for the future to sustain these services well.
After Evan’s brief presentation, we will open up for our members’ discussion around DM marketing topic. Before the end of our meeting, we will cover the following agenda items:
- Possible collaboration with LPSS on a data resources website project.
- Updates on research data related conferences/events from members.
- Review draft for “ACRL Plan for Excellence Implementation Reports”.
- Whether to propose a program for ALA 2015 Annual, if so, on what topic and who are the potential speakers?
- Introduce coming conveners for year 2014-2015 and 2015-2016, and elect a new one for 2016-2017.
Please let me know if there are other agenda items to add.
Look forward to the meeting and hope to see many of you there.