Update, late February
by Andromeda Yelton on Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 01:24 pm
Here's what I've been up to since my last update (December, yikes):
- The Education committee has now implemented a vice-chair system (all hail new VC Abigail Goben). I'm continuing monthly calls with Abigail and Toni Nolen (the chair).
- Tracked down information to answer some questions for the Education leadership.
- Have discussed, with ALA Publishing, their proposal to do joint web courses with us (FYI the Education committee is intrigued, but doesn't think the numbers work out right for LITA).
- Looked into the idea of a free webinar seat for an international registrant some more, but I don't think there's enough interest in the idea, plus which Education has many higher-priority tasks to accomplish in terms of meeting our numbers goals and documenting process, so I've shelved this.
- I'm doing my Emerging Leaders homework; I've prioritized Team M's recommendations and asked Rachel for feedback. Will post final recommendations Friday.
- Oh hey Midwinter happened. I read All The Documents.
- Talked with Bylaws about the motion I promised I'd make about fixing elections - they have already started to work on it but say a motion/deadline would still be handy, so I'll do that soon too.