Strategic Framework and Enabling Strategies: Discussion Thread 1: Advocacy
Professional and Leadership Development
ALA shall advocate the public value of librarians, libraries and information services and seek to:
- Focus ALA’s mission and priorities working with the three constituencies:
* ALA members;
* libraries; and
* the public.
- Represent libraries and information providers at the local, state, federal and international levels while building support for libraries and librarians through public awareness.
- Assure legislation and policies that support information and library services in all types of libraries and information environments.
- Provide a vision of innovation, enable the future of libraries and promote libraries as centers of community engagement and participatory librarianship.
- Promote ALA’s core values and emphasize the impact of libraries, as represented by ALA’s Declaration for the Right to Libraries, to form the basis for advocacy and community conversations.