DIG Virtual Meeting on February 19th, 2014
Dear DIG Members,
Our virtual group meeting has been set up on 02/19/2014 at 11:30am - 1:00pm CST.
The meeting URL is: http://ala.adobeconnect.com/r4phbntdxt6/ (Anyone who has the URL for the meeting can enter the room). Please review detail instructions about the Adobe Connect at the end of this message.
I have a tentative agenda listed below, and I hope that we could at least get to know each other more and the services that we are providing; maybe we could identify some speakers for future webinars/programs among ourselves. So please prepare some content to share with the group, and you can use PowerPoint too. Let me know what you think and any additional agenda items that we could discuss during the meeting.
- Update from group members: library and position background, you recent data services activities, program development, outreach and collaboration within and outside of your library.
- Share information about recent and upcoming publication/conferences/meetings.
- ALA Annual Meeting program suggestion: speakers to invite and topics for engaging group members to discuss.
- Future webinar themes and speakers suggestion.
Look forward to a great meeting.
Adobe Connect Instructions:
- Adobe Connect has recently updated their software. When you log-in, you may notice a screen asking you to install the add-in. If you click “yes,” the update will install in about 20-30 seconds. You may need to complete the audio setup wizard after installing the add-in.
- Use Firefox, if possible -- Internet Explorer and Chrome seem to have some issues.
- Make certain you have an updated version of Flash.
- Only use PDF or PPT files.
- You will need a headset for VoIP. If you are using a machine with a built-in microphone, you will need to disable the built-in microphone and enable the microphone on your headset (a USB headset is best).
- Once you enter Adobe Connect (you will sign in as a guest -- so no log-in is needed), you will need to click on the speaker and microphone icons to activate -- both need to be GREEN.
- Please allow a few minutes to get in and test your audio, etc. before the start time.
- To test audio, click on ‘Meeting’ in upper left corner. Choose the audio set-up wizard. Click through every step, making sure the dropdown is set to your USB headset, and click through to the very last screen. IMPORTANT: You must click all the way through the audio wizard in order to save your selections.