Need input on draft statements on the future of of govt information and the FDLP
(I'm posting on behalf of Bernadine Abbott Hoduski, chair of GODORT Legislation Committee)
GODORT Legislation committee has drafted 6 short statements on various aspects pertaining to the future of government information and the FDLP. We need input, suggestions, edits on these drafts from all GODORT members BY FEBRUARY 10, 2014. Please email your comments to Bernadine Abbott Hoduski (email@example.com) AND James Jacobs (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The goal is to distribute these statements to librarians throughout ALA as well as to Congress and their staffs to alert them to the issues and generate ongoing support for long-term FREE access to and preservation of both historic paper and born-digital government publications.
All 6 draft statements are combined in the single attached PDF document. Here are the working titles of all 6:
- DIGITIZATION AND PRESERVATION OF HISTORIC US GOVERNMENT PUBLICATIONS
- THE NEXT GENERATION OF GOVERNMENT INFORMATION LIBRARIANS: A PROPOSAL FOR THEIR EDUCATION
- FEDERAL DEPOSITORY LIBRARY PROGRAM: SUSTAINABLE STRUCTURE FOR THE 21ST CENTURY
- FEDERAL LIBRARIES AND THEIR ROLE WITHIN THE FEDERAL DEPOSITORY LIBRARY PROGRAM
- LIBRARIES – THE LAST BEST PLACE FOR PRESERVING PAPER & DIGITAL GOVERNMENT PUBLICATIONS
- TECHNOLOGY TOOLS TO SIMPLIFY AND EXPAND ACCESS TO FEDERAL GOVERNMENT INFORMATION
Thank you in advance for your time in reading and submitting comments!