AMVIG Midwinter Session - Migratory Behavior – Maintaining External Integration Amid an ILS Migration
SAVE THE DATE AT ALA MIDWINTER - PHILADELPHIA!
ALCTS AS Acquisitions Managers and Vendors Interest Group (AMVIG)
Sunday, January 26, 2014
Pennsylvania Convention Center – Rm. 203 B
Migratory Behavior – Maintaining External Integration Amid an ILS Migration
To operate effectively, modern libraries have integrated their various internal systems with a myriad of external systems. While such integration allows libraries to deliver efficient, accurate, point-of-need services, it creates special challenges whenever the inputs or outputs from any of these systems are altered. One of the most significant alterations to this labyrinth of connected systems occurs when a library migrates to a new Integrated Library System (ILS).
In addition to migrating internal data and workflows to the new ILS, the library must also manage the changes necessary to ensure that critical transfers of information with outside systems are maintained. This session will take a look at ILS migrations from the library acquisitions perspective focusing on the cooperative steps taken by libraries and vendors to ensure that order record downloads can continue, EDI invoice transfers are not interrupted, payment data can still be output to institutional financial systems, etc.
- Beth Bernhardt (Assistant Dean for Collection Management and Scholarly Communications, University of North Carolina, Greensboro Libraries – OCLC’s WorldShare Management System)
- Janet Morrow (Head, Resource and Discovery Services, Northeastern University Snell Library – Ex Libris’ Alma)
- Deborah Silverman (New Business Development Manager, Library Technical Services at YBP Library Services – Various Systems)
Please bring questions for the panel and join the discussion!
For more information, contact the AMVIG Co-chairs & Vice-chair:
- Amira Aaron (Chair), Associate Dean for Scholarly Resources, Northeastern University, 617‑373‑4961, email@example.com
- Mike Thompson (Chair), Head of Acquisitions, University of Houston, 713-743-9697, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laura Zusman (Vice-chair), Collection Development Manager, YBP Library Services, 603‑770‑0288, email@example.com