GLBTRT Web Committee Report - Midwinter 2014
by David Isaak (observer) on Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 07:40 pm
- Worked with ALA Help Desk to correct the SEO title on the RT Elections page.
- Worked with ALA Helpdesk to resolve error messages at the top of the blog tabs on the front page.
- Unpublished Twitter tab on the front page as it is not displaying properly.
- Twitter tab problem is ALA-wide; last update was on June 13: “Twitter changed its API without warning, and we’re awaiting a module update” – Louise Gruenberg.
- Consulted with the ALA Design office on pricing to have them develop six re-usable feature slides and a custom header for the RT Site (similar to what GameRT has done). The estimates from the design office are:
- $300-$400 to design the feature slides
- $400-$500 to design the custom header and CSS color scheme
- Waiting on instructions from the RT Board before proceeding any further.
- Added three new committee pages:
- Resources Committee
- GLBTRT Advocacy Committee (Ad hoc)
- 2015 ALA Annual Pre-Conference Committee (Ad hoc)
- Posted new resource guide based on program from Annual 2013
- Committee members Snell and Isaak performed regular content updates to the RT website for elections, conferences, web forms, etc.
- Committee member Freeman continued to administer GLBTRT blogs.
- Committee member Boeree continued to supply content to our social media feeds.
Google Analytic Reports
- The WordPress theme for the news blogs will be transitioned to a new responsive theme called Kassi. The new theme is optimized for display on phones, tablets, and the desktop. If all goes well, the plan will be to transition the other three blogs to this theme.
- The news blog will begin to have more content as new articles from the Newsletter are added to the blog.
- The LibraryThing account will be updated after the release of Stonewall book awards, the Rainbow book list, and the Over the Rainbow book list.
- Currently, all Web Committee members are schedule to cycle off after Annual 2014.
- Discussions have taken place with the RT chair and chair-elect about getting the committee up to six members, each serving two year terms, with half cycling off each year.
- David Isaak, Kate Boeree, and Jeremy Snell have agreed to stay on for one more year (2014-2015) to help start the new staggered rotation.
- Jeremy has volunteered to serve as committee chair in 2014-2015.
- David Conners Isaak (Chair, July 1, 2012, to June 30, 2014)
- Kate Boeree (Member, July 1, 2012, to June 30, 2014)
- John Mack McGowan Freeman (Member, July 1, 2012, to June 30, 2014)
- Jeremy G. Snell (Member, July 1, 2012, to June 30, 2014)