Technical Services Managers in Academic Libraries Interest Group
8:30 am to 10:00 am, US/Eastern
“Technical Services Rocks Change”
Join us for lively roundtable discussions on solutions to the changes which have rocked our world:
• Avoiding "Sabotage" : training mechanisms and coping strategies for suddenly overburdened staff
• “Papa’s Got a Brand New Bag”: Changes in Acquisitions due to technology, reorganization, and the transition to e-products
• “When I'm Sixty-Four”: Problems of retraining, retention, and attrition in our graying profession.
• “Why-R-D-A”: It takes a Village (People) to Prepare for RDA
• “I Can See Clearly Now”: using project management in technical services.
• "Come Together" : Getting Technical Services staff involved in inter-departmental projects