IS Information LIteracy in the Disciplines Midwinter Virtual Meeting
10:00 am to 11:00 am, US/Central
You are invited to join us for the IS Information Literacy in the Disciplines meeting on Wednesday, December 18, 2014, at 10 AM CST. Please see the agenda provided for the meeting.
Name: ACRL IS Info. Lit. in the Disciplines Committee
Start Time: 12/18/2013 10:00 AM CST
Duration: 1:00 hour
Access: Anyone who has the URL for the meeting can enter the room
Passcode Protection: No
Attendees will need a USB headset (and an Internet connection) to utilize the VoIP feature. We recommend that all attendees have headsets with microphones available, and have a current version of Flash player installed.
Here are a few tips for committee members:
- Adobe Connect has recently updated their software. When you log-in, you may notice a screen asking you to install the add-in. If you click “yes,” the update will install in about 20-30 seconds. You may need to complete the audio setup wizard after installing the add-in.
- Use Firefox, if possible -- Internet Explorer and Chrome seem to have some issues.
- Make certain you have an updated version of Flash.
- Only use PDF or PPT files.
- You will need a headset for VoIP. If you are using a machine with a built-in microphone, you will need to disable the built-in microphone and enable the microphone on your headset (a USB headset is best).
- Once you enter Adobe Connect (you will sign in as a guest -- so no log-in is needed), you will need to click on the speaker and microphone icons to activate -- both need to be GREEN.
- Please allow a few minutes to get in and test your audio, etc. before the start time.
- To test audio, click on ‘Meeting’ in upper left corner. Choose the audio set-up wizard. Click through every step, making sure the dropdown is set to your USB headset, and click through to the very last screen. IMPORTANT: You must click all the way through the audio wizard in order to save your selections.
If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
- Test your connection: http://ala.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
- Get a quick overview: http://www.adobe.com/products/adobeconnect.html