Minutes from HoLT (Heads of Library Technology) LITA IG ALA Annual 2013
Heads of Library Technology (HoLT) Interest Group
ALA Annual Meeting 2013
Saturday, June 29th, 2013
3pm to 4pm, US/Central (-6)
Chair: Evviva Weinraub (outgoing), Vice-Chair/Incoming Chair Meg Brown-Sica (leading meeting), Incoming Vice-Chair (Hong Ma) (notetaker)
1. Announcements regarding events of interest at ALA Annual.
3. Introductions of attendees.
4. Discussion about ideas for future meetings/programs from the IG.
5. Presentations and followup questions/discussion, etc.
- Content in Context
Presenter: Kelly Sattler, Head of Web Services, Michigan State University
- Celebrating Student Creativity: Digital Wallpaper Competition Presenter: Sara Brownmiller, Head, Library Systems, University of Oregon Libraries
- What is the Future of Systems Librarian and Systems Librarianship? Presenters: Cindy Li, Director of Digital Library Technology and Services, Sacred Heart University; Hong Ma, Information Systems Librarian, University of Miami
- Wisconsin Center for the Book Redesign and its Conversion into a RWD Format
Presenter: Robert L Nunez II, Emerging Technologies Librarian, Marquette University
- Getting Around to Being Strategic
Presenter: Rice Majors, Director for Libraries IT, University of Colorado, Boulder