Audrey Church appointed to CAEP committee
Audrey Church, Associate Professor and Coordinator of the School Library Media Program at Longwood University (VA) has been appointed to the State Partnerships and Content Areas Committee by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) Board of Directors. She will serve a 3-year term beginning September 2013.
The State Partnerships and Content Areas Committee, a standing committee of CAEP, is charged to:
- Make recommendations to the board on issues under the Committee’s purview;
- Develop policies for CAEP’s partnership agreements with the states, such as requirements for the participation of state representatives in CAEP site visits, which shall include all Commissions;
- Review and approve state partnership agreements;
- Develop policies and procedures for reviewing specialty area studies, both in support of such reviews by member scholarly societies and directly; and
- Develop and oversee CAEP’s role in the review of specialty area studies.
It's a great thing for ALA and AASL to have representation from the school librarianship profession on this committee. Congratulations, Audrey!