Report Heads of Information Technology Interest Group (HoLT), September 2013
This year HoLT sponsored two national meetings with presentations and discussion.
HoLT met at Mid-Winter in Seattle. Presentations included:
- Presenter: Kevin A. R. King, Head, Patron Services/IT, Kalamazoo Public Library, Title: Technology Assessment and Collaboration at Kalamazoo Public Library
- Presenter: Brett Fisher, Chair, Library Systems & Technology, Leatherby Libraries, Chapman University, Title: Implementing Library-Wide Technology Goals for Individuals
- Presenter: Stu Baker, Associate University Librarian for Library Technology (Northwestern University Library), Title: Developing a robust, fully open source solution for curating digital media collections in libraries and archives
HoLT met at ALA Annual in Chicago. Twenty five people were in attendance. There were several presentations.
- Presenter: Robert Nunez, Emerging Technologies Librarian at Marquette University, Title: From Zero to Responsive: A look back on lessons learned during the Wisconsin Center for the Book site redesign
- Presenter: Hong Ma, Information Systems Librarian, University of Miami, Title: The New Systems Librarian.
- Presenter: Kelley Sattler, Digital Projects Librarian at Michigan State University Libraries, Michigan State University, Title: Content in Context.
- Presenter: Sara Brownmiller, Director, Library Systems, University of Oregon Title: Digital Wallpaper Competition