RUSA Scheduling for Midwinter and Annual 2014
Hello, and happy summer!
I have received several questions regarding scheduling for Midwinter 2014 in Philadelphia. We just received some preliminary info from ALA Conference Services this week, and I wanted to share it with you.
If you are a section or committee leader, please share with your groups as appropriate.
Save the Dates:
- Scheduling for Midwinter 2014 (Philadephia) will open in mid-September and close in early October.
- Scheduling for Annual 2014 (Las Vegas) will open in late October and close in early February.
- Authorized schedulers will receive an e-mail with access instructions when scheduling opens for both meetings (see dates above). We will be building the list throughout the month of August.
- This list of authorized member schedulers includes: RUSA committee chairs, designated schedulers for each section, and all committee chairs for RUSA CODES.
- **RUSA member schedulers will be responsible for reserving space for the following meetings only: section executive committee meetings, all other committee meetings and discussion forums.**
- RUSA staff will schedule RUSA board meetings and RUSA Executive Committee, RUSA Budget and Finance, preconferences, institutes, approved programs, RUSA’s Membership Social and RUSA 101, and awards receptions for both conferences.
- Step-by-step instructions and an FAQ will be posted in the RUSA member area of ALA Connect around the time that the scheduling form opens. That workspace is here: http://connect.ala.org/rusa
- Please consider turning on your e-mail notifications for this group: access the group with the link above, login if necessary, then scroll down on the left and look under “My Group Settings” for “Enable email notifications from this group.”
Thank you—I’m looking forward to working with you!