ASCLA Scheduling for Midwinter and Annual 2014
Hello, and happy summer!
I have received several questions regarding scheduling for Midwinter 2014 in Philadelphia. We just received some preliminary info from ALA Conference Services this week, and I wanted to share it with you.
Please share with your groups as appropriate.
Save the Dates:
- Scheduling for Midwinter 2014 (Philadephia) will open in mid-September and close in early October.
- Scheduling for Annual 2014 (Las Vegas) will open in late October and close in early February.
- Authorized schedulers will receive an e-mail with access instructions when scheduling opens for both meetings (see dates above). We will be building the list throughout the month of August.
- This list of authorized member schedulers includes: ASCLA committee chairs and ASCLA interest group chairs.
- **ASCLA member schedulers will be responsible for reserving space for the following meetings only: interest group meetings, committee meetings and discussion forums.**
- ASCLA staff will schedule ASCLA board meetings and ASCLA Executive Committee, ASCLA all-committee, preconferences, institutes, approved programs, ASCLA 101 and the ASCLA/COSLA Reception for both meetings.
- Step-by-step instructions and an FAQ will be posted in the ASCLA member area of ALA Connect around the time that the scheduling form opens. That workspace is here: http://connect.ala.org/ascla
- Please consider turning on your e-mail notifications for this group: access the group with the link above, login if necessary, then scroll down on the left and look under “My Group Settings” for “Enable email notifications from this group.”
Thank you—I’m looking forward to working with you!