Mobile Computing IG Meeting - ALA Annual 2013 - Meeting Notes
by Evviva Weinraub Lajoie on Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 07:57 pm
Mobile Computing Interest Group
ALA Annual Meeting 2013
Monday, July 1st 2013
3pm to 4pm, US/Central (-6)
- Introductions & Announcements (5 min)
- Co chairs: Evviva Weinraub Lajoie & Kevin Lau (Not Attending)
- Vice-Chair: Vincci Lui (Not Attending)
- Incoming Chair: Laurie Bridges
- LITA & Mobile IG Business (10 min)
- ALA Connect - http://connect.ala.org/node/72768
- Mobile IG Programming at ALA Annual
- We Went Mobile, Now What?
- June 29th – 3 – 4pm, McCormick Place Convention Center – N4272a
- Discussion of presentation
- 100+ people in attendance
- Great discussion
- Slides are available on ALA Connect under the announcement of the panel.
- Mobile Presentations & Discussion
- Pros & Cons of Responsive Web Design
Presenter: Bohyun Kim, Digital Access Librarian, Florida International University Medical Library
- This discussion took up most of our time and led to a very lively conversation about how to do responsive design well, the pros and cons of responsive design, and what it means to build a site with responsive in mind.
- Bohyun provided some great examples of RD done well, and RD done poorly. Her slides are <a href="http://www.slideshare.net/bohyunkim/pros-and-cons-of-responsive-web-design">here</a>.
- Building a Crowd-Sources Mobile Optimized Translation Platform
- Presenter: Evviva Weinraub Lajoie, Director, Emerging Technologies & Services, Oregon State University Libraries & Press
- This presentation was done in just a few minutes and there was only some side conversations about it afterward. Most everyone needed to run to catch buses and drive home.
- Other Potential Discussion Topics
- Not covered, no time