ALA Annual 2013 Agenda - Circulation/ Access Services Discussion Group (June 30, 2013)
Circulation/Access Services Discussion Group (LLAMA-SASS)
Sunday, June 30, 2013
McCormick Place Convention Center, N139
Welcome & Introductions by Robyn Huff-Eibl (Chair)
- Vice-Chair, Amy Boucher agreed to serve remainder of year for William Weare who had to step down due to conflicts with ACRL 2013 Coordinating Committee Meetings.
- Secretary, Denita Hampton
- Feedback regarding meeting time change? At midwinter half room felt this new time change worked. Over email a few indicated that the 8-10am time was better, but fairly evenly split. Will watch attendance at Annual and provide LLAMA-SASS Executive Committee feedback. NOTE: original change due to overall compression of ALA meetings
- The 2013 Access Services Conference will be held at the Georgia Tech Global Learning Center and the Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center on November 6-8, 2013 in Atlanta, GA. Please see http://accessservicesconference.org/
- Other Announcements?
Approval of Minutes from Midwinter 2013
Call for Officers and Elections for 2013-2014
- Chair - commit to being at both conferences and prepare agenda for midwinter and annual; solicit options on circplus listserv then vote; liaison relationship with Circulation/Access Services LLAMA SASS Committee - either send committee report or attend meeting and provide update on this discussion group.
- Vice-Chair - support chair as needed and then usually serve additional year as Chair.
- Secretary - post minutes to ALA Connect and circplus; provide and gather sign-in sheets for both meetings.
- Current volunteers and open call for volunteers?
Discussion Topics based on your feedback (20 min per topic):
- Role of Access Services in the Digital Age/ New Technology being utilized in Access Services (e.g. iPods, tablets and emerging handheld technology, self-checkout using cell phones)
- Are your combined services working?
- Customer Service Trends