ALA Annual 2013 Agenda
VRT Annual Agenda 2013
Membership and Executive Board Meeting
- Monday, July 1, 8:30 am - 11:30 am
2. Approve Minutes from ALA Midwinter 2013
- See Attached Document "Note Jan 28, 2013 -VRT Executive Board Meeting.docx" or ALA Connect Site.
- [See proposed clarification regarding the Gala updated to the ALA Connect version].
3. Additions to Agenda
4. Guest Speaker: Kevin Reynolds, ALA Executive Board Liaison to VRT - Kevin is unable to attend, please see attached for Council report.
5. Treasurer’s report
- Current Balance $21,708 (see attached report "vrt may 2013.xls")
6. Annual Reports:
- Program – Elisabeth Myers
- Gala – N/A
- Communications Committee – Brian Boling
- Website – Steve Brantley
- Membership – Rhonda Rosen
- Multimedia Production Discussion Group – Shelly McCoy
- Notable Videos – Laura Jenemann
- Digital Media Discussion Group – Tracy Montri
- Bylaws – Steve Brantley
- Nominations – Tom Ipri
7. Liaison Reports:
- ALA Freedom to Read Foundation:
- ACRL ARTS:
- ACRL Media Discussion Group:
- ALA BARC: ?
- ALA Copyright & Committee on Information Commons: Howard Besser
- ALA RTCA:
- ALCTS PARS:
- IFLA Audiovisual and Multimedia Section: Howard Besser & Michael Miller. (Michael will be reporting out this time).
- National Media Market
- CCUMC: Carleton Jackson (?)
- NMRT: ?
- OLAC: ?
- PLA AV Liaison: ?
- SSRT: ?
- YALSA Select Films for Young Adults:
8. Old business:
- Potential grant let by NYU, might include partially subsidized pre-conference session for Annual 2014
- Exploring areas of VRT media interests and programming starting with survey
- VRT Membership Media Interest and Engagement Survey Discussion
- VRT leadership handbook creation
- Discussion of workshop proposal for 2014 ALA Annual "Managing locally-produced born-digital media content." Please view the attached proposal document (2014vrt-workshop-draft0.2.doc) before the meeting if possible. If you are unable to attend, feel free to send Scott Spicer any comments you have on the workshop in advance. Your comments will be included in the discussion.
- We have 103 people -up from less than 80 last time - on the Multimedia Production DG. I think that if I have this many people interested in a discussion over email, we NEED to talk about related programming at the conference. We can possibly co-sponsor something with the INFO-Commons DG since Shelly has many people from there on the DG
- Discussion of ALA Connect or ALA VRT pages as site of record for VRT documentation.
- Scott met impromptu with Danielle Alderson to discuss potential refinement of ALA support for the VRT. Danielle suggestions included, moving to l-serve for Executive Board discussion (rather than e-mail, having ALA auto-add/delete members from VRT l-serve, possibly have a note sent out automatically to new members and members leaving - Danielle was not completely certain if they could take this on, and name change (Danielle's suggestion).
- Name change discussion. (Do we want to spend time on this or table for Midwinter?)
Discussion on VRT handbook creation for responsibilities, dates of Chair, Chair-Elect, Past ChairRecruitment.