Go to:
Discussion
Online Doc
File
Poll
Event
Meeting Request
Suggestion
Arianne Hartsell-Gundy's picture

Final Minutes for ACRL ILPD Virtual Meeting on December 12, 2012

ACRL Information Literacy Professional Development Committee (ILPD)
Virtual Meeting (Conference Call)
Wednesday, December 12, 2012, 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. (EST)

I.   Attendees: Sheila Stoeckel (Chair), Arianne Hartsell-Gundy (Vice Chair), Steven Hoover, Nancy Fawley

II.  Additions/corrections to the agenda.  None.

III. Environmental Scan Analysis Survey& Next Steps

  • Reviewed Materials:
    • ACRL Chapters Survey (http://connect.ala.org/node/183208(Sheila)
    • IS Survey
    • IS Continuing Education and Interest Survey (Steven)
    • ACRL Membership Survey on Professional Development (Arianne)
    • ACRL Chapter Reports Scan & Whitepaper
    • ACRL Chapter Reports (2012) (Sheila)
    • Emerging Leaders Project on Needs Assessment for Teachers in Online Environments(Nancy)
    • ACRL Professional Development Webinars (Sheila)
  • Review Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvuC3Zgmt9l_dHdGdW1vaVNaNGFaUm52V3dfNXhWYmc#gid=0
  • Everyone has added to the Google Doc., except Arianne because we still haven't received the ACRL Membership Survey on Professional Development.  Sheila has e-mailed ACRL again.  They don't know if it's been approved.  At this point we should move on and add later if we do receive it.
  • White Paper Work Assignments.  Our next step will be to write a draft.  We can use the environmental scan we wrote last year as a model.  Sheila will post last year's under Files on our ALA Connect page.  Two people can start a Google doc. and begin typing out a draft.  Then we can all look at it during the Midwinter meeting to discuss changes.   After that we can do the final version.  Nancy and Arianne will work on the rough draft.  They'll probably start after the winter break.  Arianne will start a Google doc.

IV. Midwinter

  • Agenda.  Basic agenda will be introductions, announcements from ACRL Leadership Council, and work on draft of working paper.  Sheila and Arianne will work on the final agenda to send.
  • Minute Taker.  Nancy volunteered to take minutes.

V. Spring Meetings.  We will have meetings in February, March, and April.  Arianne will send out a form for people to mark their availability soon.  

VI. ACRL Volunteer Form.  The volunteer form is now available:http://www.ala.org/acrl/membership/volunteer/volunteer  If you are cycling off and want to stay on this committee, please fill out the form indicating that.  You can also volunteer for other committees as well.

Mary Jane Petrowski (staff)'s picture

It is available in the ACRL Division Leaders Connect community, and also attached.

Mary Jane