Call for proposals
This might of interest to other MAES members:
Southeastern Library Assessment Conference
The Southeastern Library Assessment Conference provides an opportunity for those interested in advancing the library assessment and user experience conversation to gather together to share and discuss practical ideas and information.
Call for Proposals
The Southeastern Library Assessment Conference invites proposals for the October 21-22, 2013, conference to be held in Atlanta, Georgia.
Program proposals should be designed to fit within a 45-minute timeframe, which includes time for questions. We encourage thoughtful, timely proposals on any topic related to assessment in libraries of all types, including, but not limited to:
- Creating assessment plans
- Data-driven decision making
- Demonstrating value
- Developing a culture of assessment
- Ethnographic studies
- Getting started with assessment
- Impact on student learning, retention, progression, and/or graduation
- Learning outcomes
- Library instruction
- Reporting results to stakeholders
- Spaces and facilities
- Special collections and archives
- User experience
Proposals should include:
- Program title
- Name, institution, position title, and email address of each presenter
- Abstract of 200 words or fewer. The abstract should state clearly the relevance of the topic to library assessment and practical implications for libraries.
- Brief 2-3 sentence abstract suitable for the conference website and program
- At least three learning outcomes to be addressed during the program
Please submit proposals online by April 17, 2013. Notification of acceptance is by May 13, 2013.
Please direct any questions you have to the Conference Coordinating Committee.
Susan Bailey, Emory University
John Bodnar, Emory University
Ameet Doshi, Georgia Institute of Technology
Jennifer Jones, Georgia State University
Erin Nagel, Clayton State University
Sonya Shepherd, Georgia Southern University
Thank you - W. Bede Mitchell, Dean
Georgia Southern University